Advanced Scaffolding Inspection
Advanced Scaffolding Inspection Training Scheme (SITS)
Part of Construction Industry Scaffolders Record Scheme (CISRS)
This two day SITS advanced scaffolding inspection course is designed for those who are responsible for inspecting complex scaffolds; it is designed to help delegates gain further understanding of health and safety regulations during the inspection process of a complex design scaffold.
The course will go over all the terminology, regulations and approved Codes of practice surrounding scaffold inspection.
The tutor delivers the course in a range of theory and practical mediums. Furthermore the course can only be completed when you pass the final written and practical examination.
Throughout the course you will cover the following topics:.
- Properly and securely assemble a range of scaffold structures.
- Examine regulations governing the safe assembling / dismantling / inspection of scaffolds.
- Conduct processes bearing, acknowledging and using method statements and risk assessments.
- Use scale drawings and scale rules.
- Decide on the material requirements for a range of scaffold structures.
- Construct a scaffold to statutory regulations.
- SVQ / NVQ portfolio building.
In order to attend the Advanced Scaffolding Inspection course you need to have the following prerequisites.
You need to be able to provide confirmation of completing the CITB Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) test within the last two years. You may also attend the course if you hold any of the following in the last two years:.
- IOSH Working Safely.
- IOSH Directing Safely.
- NEBOSH Certificate.
- IOSH Managing Safely.
- CCNSG Safety Passport.
- FAS Safe Pass.
- BOSIET / MIST / OPITO Approved Offshore Certificate.
You must also have obtained a CISRS card for two years.
Once you have completed the training you will obtain the Advanced SITS certificate. You can the apply for the SITS inspection card.
To book onto a CISRS SITS course please contact us here.