Other Training Courses – Level 3 Award in Education and Training (AET)
The AET training course is a five day introduction into teaching. The course will as a result give you an understanding into how education and training works.
The course is a theory based course delivered in a classroom. It is made up of a range of videos, discussions, quizzes and scenarios.
The course is assessed by an essay based assignment. You will also receive guidance notes to point you in the right direction. You will also be required to conduct a short micro-teaching session. The subject of the session can be any topic of your choosing.
You cannot fail the AET course. Instead you will be given pointers by your tutor on how to improve next time you deliver a session. You will just be referred to another session in which you will aim to improve on your last.
The course is designed for those who DO NOT have any teaching experience. You must be above the age of nineteen and have a good grasp of written and spoken English. It is also advised that you have a good background knowledge of the course you are looking to teach.
On completion of the course the delegate will have a further understanding in the following:.
- Their personal roles and responsibilities.
- The confines they can reach with the qualification.
- The teaching methods they should use within their specific area.
- Display their ability to plan, conduct, monitor and evaluate a micro-teaching session.
- How to motivate and interact with learners.
- The different varieties of learning approaches.
- Internal and external verification.
It is advised for future progression that you look into attending a level 4-5 course. An Award in Planning and Delivering Training Session or Award for Learning Support Practitioners would also be a suggested route to take.
To book onto a AET PTLLS course in Bolton click here.