NRSWA Operative (New Roads & Street Works Assessments for Operatives )
(Five day) NRSWA Operative. The New Roads and Street Works Act requires that anyone who executes, works for, or on behalf of a utility company, is qualified for the activities being carried out. Any street works site must have at least one qualified operative on site at all times during works. The site must also have a qualified supervisor appointed to the site who can oversee the works.
The following NRSWA (New Roads & Street Works Assessments) Training units are covered:
- 001 – Location & avoidance of underground apparatus.
- 002 – Signing, lighting and guarding.
- 003 – Excavation in the highway.
- 004 – Reinstatement & compaction of backfill materials.
- 005 – Reinstatement of sub base & road in non-bituminous materials.
- 006 – Reinstatement of cold-lay bituminous materials.
- 007 – Reinstatement of hot lay bituminous materials (subject to centre).
- 008 – Reinstatement of concrete slabs (subject to centre).
- 009 – Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways.
Please note: not all units are completed at each centre, so please call 3B Training Advisor for details.
NRSWA training courses are mainly practical; but the delagate will have some written work.
The NRSWA Operative course is suitable for those who carry out the manual excavation and restoration of footpaths and highways.
On completion of the course the delegates will be able to outline the necessities of the New Roads and Street Works Act. They will also be able to choose the correct PPE and safety apparatus required on an activity.
Successful completion of the NRSWA Training course will result in you gaining a City & Guild or CABWI (location dependent) certificate for each unit and a Street Works Card; therefore showing your units of competence. The card is valid for five years.
To book on a NRSWA Operative course you can also contact us here.