Construction Skills Accredited Courses -SMSTS Refresher
The SMSTS Refresher course is a two day renewal course. The course is needed to ensure your SMSTS qualification remains valid. The SMSTS course is more in depth than the Site Supervisors course. It will also demonstrate how to meet the ever-increasing demand for evidence of sound health and safety management on site.
Successful candidates will gain refreshed knowledge in the Health and Safety at Work Act, CDM Regulations 2015 and site set-up. As well as risk assessments/method statements, working at height, scaffolding and electricity. You will also go over excavations, demolition and confined spaces. As well as being made aware of any recent changes in accepted working practices and behavioural safety.
You will be assessed through out the course. On the final day you must conduct a presentation in front of your group members. You will also complete a final examination.
The course refreshes you in the following units:.
- Risk assessments.
- Explanation and overviews of construction legislation.
- An initiation to health and safety law and also the duties, responsibilities and sanctions surrounding it.
- Awareness of human error.
- Motivating staff.
- Planning health and safety for projects.
- Recognising the responsibility of the workforce.
- Communicating effectively.
- Managing contractors.
- The procedure of and accident on site and the process following the accident.
- Development of permit systems and safe systems of work.
- Safe system of work production.
- Awareness of an organisation’s responsibilities and duties.
This course is aimed at those who currently hold a valid Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) certificate. The minimum requirement of entry is that the delegate can write and speak English well.
Further qualifications include the NEBOSH Construction Certificate and the NVQ Level 6 Diploma in Construction Site Management.
Site Safety Plus SMSTS Refresher training is available in all of our centres. You can book onto an SMSTS Refresher course in Bolton, Derby, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Durham, Sheffield, Hull and also Watford.