What is CDM 2015?
The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 or (CDM) 2015 account the management of health & safety on a construction project.
CDM 2015 is the new Approved Code of Practice. It has therefore replaced CDM 2007.
Who does CDM 2015 apply to?
No matter what position you hold in the construction industry, CDM 2015 will be relevant to you. CDM can help to improve the health and safety standards of anyone no matter how far up the ladder you are.
Changes that have been put in place
Injuries in the construction industry have fallen considerably over the past two decades since the introduction of the regulations. However, the construction sector is still a high-risk industry in which a fatal accident can occur. The changes in the regulations will help to lower and eliminate the risks that can lead to such accidents.
How can CDM help you?
The new regulations can improve you in the following ways:
- Intelligently planning work procedures. So that risks are managed from beginning to end.
- Having the right workforce in the right job and at the right time.
- Showing you how to work more efficiently with your colleagues.
- Updating information about risk management.
- Showing you how to communicate effectively with the relevant people.
- Showing you how to discuss and interact with workers to help them manage the risks around them.
How do I learn more about the changes?
3B Training offers a CDM seminar which can be delivered at one of our venues or your own. A person who attends must communicate these changes properly. Everyone must understand the vital CDM changes. The regulations cover the law that affects the whole process of construction to all projects. It also covers the responsibilities of each duty holder and how they should comply with the law.
To inquire about booking a CDM Awareness course contact us here.
To book the CDM Awareness course visit the about our course page.
CDM 2015 Regulations Changes
For more information on the CDM 2015 Regulations changes read our blog here.Back to News View Our Courses