This course is for those who assist in accident investigation in the workplace. The course also contains techniques which can be added to company procedures. The skills learned will contribute towards organising an investigation.
How long is the Accident Investigation course?
Who should attend the course?
Employees at all levels rather than a certain bracket
Is the course accredited?
3B Training accredited
When does my certificate expire?
What does the Accident Investigation course cover?
By the end of the course the delegate will be able to understand:
- Legal requirements for reporting accidents.
- Why we need to investigate accidents.
- Enhanced relationships with authorities and insurers.
- The financial gain for preventing accidents.
- An improvement in workplace morale, leading to greater work rate and expediency.
- How incidents happen and the immediate, underlying and root causes of them.
The trainer assesses through a variety of exercises over five modules. Delegates will be required to sit a final exam once the exercises have been completed. If the client does not feel the need for a final exam; certificates will be as a result supplied on attendance.
On completion of the course, attendees will gain greater knowledge in investigation methods. As well as improving their interviewing approach and also gaining the ability to offer advice based on relevant information.
To gain further knowledge of workplace health and safety you may want to attend the NEBOSH General Certificate.