Appreciation of Excavation Safety
Construction & Utility – EUSR Appreciation of Excavation Safety
The EUSR Appreciation of Excavation Safety course looks to raise awareness of the dangers of deep excavation and how to stay safe on site.
How long is the EUSR Appreciation of Excavation Safety course?
Who should attend the EUSR Appreciation of Excavation Safety course?
Supervisors, Managers, Safety Managers and Operatives who work around excavations.
Is the is the EUSR Appreciation of Excavation Safety course accredited?
There are no formal entry requirements for the course although, delegates need a good understanding of spoken and written English.
By the end of the course, delegates will have a greater knowledge of:
- Why excavations need to be supported.
- How excavations can fail if they are not.
- Evaluating various installation methods and design types.
- The legislation surrounding excavations.
- General shoring principles
- Types of proprietary shoring equipment.
- The risks of excavation and how to avoid them.
- Recognising bad practice.
- Writing a Temporary Works design brief.
The EUSR Appreciation of Excavation Safety course will cover various legislation such as:
- Health & Safety at Work Act
- Provision and use of Work Equipment Regulations
- Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regulations
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations
- Noise at Work
- Management of Health and Safety at Work
- Confined Spaces
- Working at Height
- Manual Handling Operations
On completion of the course, delegates will receive an EUSR accredited card and certificate. The certificate is valid for 3 years. The next step in excavation training is the EUSR Install, Inspect & Remove course. Take a look at the courses available here:
- Timber Shoring Sytems (Category 3)
- Steel Shoring Systems (Category 4)
- Proprietary Shoring Sytems (Category 5)