CITB Directors Role for Health and Safety
Site Safety Plus Accredited Courses – CITB Directors Role for Health and Safety
The CITB Directors course looks to make prominent the repercussions of not working in line with health and safety legislation.
Who is it for:
Company Directors working in construction
By the end of the CITB Directors Role for H&S training course, the delegate will:
- have learned how to advance their company’s attitude towards health and safety in the workplace.
- understand how, as a Director, they have a duty to work within health and safety legislation, even if they are not directly in a position which oversees the company’s health and safety.
- be aware of the necessity to analyse their own legal responsibilities and consider how their decisions affect the health and safety of the company.
The content covered by the CITB Directors Role for Health and Safety course includes:
- the economic connotations of a dangerous working environment
- the effects of decisions made in the boardroom
- the principles and significance of risk assessments
- how to implement a positive health and safety attitude
- legal responsibilities relating to health and safety
What is Required to Pass the CITB Directors Role for Health and Safety Course?
To complete the CITB Directors Role for H&S course, delegates must partake in the classroom discussion alongside the tutor and other delegates. They must also pass the final multiple-choice exam.
In order to be able to attend the course, delegates must be able to understand, write and speak English well, although they don’t necessarily need to be a Director.
There are several other potential training courses that delegates could take to further their knowledge, such as the SMSTS course or the IOSH Leading Safely. While the SMSTS will educate on the importance of health and safety on a construction site, the IOSH Leading Safely will cover similar topics as the CITB course; ensuring management remain mindful of their health and safety responsibilities.
There are a number of locations where delegates can complete the CITB Directors Role for Health and Safety course:
Contact Us Today
3B Training also offers a range of other CITB courses; you can book your CITB Directors Role for Health and Safety course, here, or further your development by looking for other courses, here. Alternatively, if you have any further questions, or would like to speak to one of the 3B Training specialists, don’t hesitate to get in touch or email us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project Management Job Roles in The Construction Industry
If you are looking for a career in project management in construction and you would like to know what available; take a look at our informative blog here.