CPCS Appointed Persons (A61)
Plant Training – CPCS Appointed Persons (A61)
The CPCS Appointed Persons Course is designed to supply the delegate with the relevant understanding to be able to conduct the appointed person role. This includes the roles responsibilities and how to conduct them correctly.
How long is the course?
Who should attend the Appointed Persons course?
Managers and Supervisors who are responsible for lifting operations who are looking to gain the CPCS Red Card.
Is the Appointed Persons course accredited?
Delegates must complete the Health, Safety and Environment Test (Managers and Professionals Level) within two years of the qualification start date. They also require good experience of cranes and a good understanding of English.
The course will cover the following units:
- Observing Codes of Practice and regulations
- Recognising the role
- Planning a lift
- Following safe systems of work
- Appreciating tower cranes
- Taking personal responsibility
- Understanding crane documentation
- Describing types of cranes and related terms
- Observing British Standard 7121 Safe Use of Cranes Guidelines sections 1, 2, 3 and 4.
What is required to pass the CPCS Appointed Persons (A61) training course?
The delegate will firstly have a one to one formal talk with a tester an will need to gain a score of approx. 80%. Then they will partake in the practical exam in which you will follow instruction from a CPCS tester.