CPCS Crane Supervisor Course
Plant Training Courses – CPCS Crane Supervisor (A62)
The CPCS Crane Supervisor course is an HSE recognised qualification. The qualification will enable Crane Supervisors to undertake the duties of an appointed person and be certified by CPCS.
How long is the course?
Who should attend the Crane Supervisor course?
Crane Supervisors who are looking to gain the CPCS red operator card.
Is the Crane Supervisor course accredited?
To attend the course, delegates must have passed the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test (supervisors level) within two years of starting the course. They misy also have satisfactory experience of cranes to work in line with the relevant standards.
The training is designed to educate the delegate on how to work inline with the relevant regulations, legislation, industrial requirements and Codes of Practice.
The content covered by the course includes:
- Safe systems of work
- Taking personal responsibility
- Codes of Practice, legislation and regulations relating to lifting duties
- Types of cranes and the related terminology
- Crane appreciation
- Understanding duty charts, crane stability and safety devices
- Crane documentation
- The role of an appointed person and crane supervisor
- Preparing an area with exclusion zones
What is required to pass the CPCS Crane Supervisor (A62) training course?
The delegate will have a one to one discussion with a tester and have to attain a mark of approximately 80%. The course includes both theoretical and practical elements.