Fire Marshal / Warden
Fire Safety Courses – Fire Marshal / Warden Training
The Fire Marshal training course (also known as a Fire Warden course) gives the delegates an understanding of how to deal with fire hazards and how to lower risk in the workplace in the event of an emergency.
How long is the Fire Marshal/Warden course?
Who should attend the Fire Marshal/Warden course?
This course is for employees who have responsibility for fire conduct.
Is the Fire Marshal/Warden course accredited?
3B Training accredited
When does my Fire Marshal/Warden certificate expire?
It is recommended that you retake the course after 2-3 years
By the end of the Fire Warden training course, the delegate will:
- Understand how to prevent and manage a fire in the workplace
- Have a better awareness of fire safety and prevention
- Gain knowledge selecting and using fire extinguishers
- Understanding evacuation procedures
- Know the day to day roles of an appointed person and how to liaise with the fire brigade in an emergency
The training is vital to assure the safety of your colleagues. The course is designed to further the delegates knowledge on how to do this and by working within the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
The tutor covers the following topics over the duration of the training:
- A Fire Warden / Marshal’s responsibilities
- The built-in fire-related fire protection components of a premises
- Relevant fire safety law
- How to act on the occasion of a fire alarm
- Combustion and the relevant checks during an evacuation
- The types of fire
- Prevention of fire spreading
- Safety Signs
The tutor splits the course into two parts. You will first attend a classroom theory component. The practical element includes a demonstration of the different types of extinguishers as well as the relevant safety signs around the building.
What is Required to Pass the Fire Marshal Training Course
The tutor splits the course into two components. You will first attend a classroom theory component. The practical element includes a demonstration of the different types of extinguishers as well as fire safety signs around the building.
This course is part of our short course package. The short course days include three, three-hour short courses. You can attend whichever course you would like, and as many as you want during the day. The advantage of the package is that the more you book, the more you save.