Introduction to Scaffold Inspection
Scaffolding Courses – Introduction to Scaffold Inspection
The Introduction to Scaffold Inspection course is designed to give the delegates attending an introduction into scaffold inspection and the regulations surrounding working at height. The course can also be altered to suit a client’s needs on an in-house basis.
Who is it for:
Operative who need a basic knowledge of scaffolding
Please note that this course does not qualify the delegate in scaffolding inspection; this is only an awareness course.
The delegate will be assessed on their understanding of the below units:-
- Introduction to the course
- Course aims & objectives
- Introduction to the terminology of scaffold inspection
- Boards, tubes & fittings
- Working platforms
- Tying & bracing of scaffolds
- Safe access & egress of ladders
- What is a Scaffold Inspection?
- Why do we inspect scaffold structures?
- The Work at Height Regulations 2005
- British, European and Industry Standards (NASC)
- TG20 Compliant Scaffolds
- TG20 eGuide
- Public protection type of scaffolds and fan boards
- Designing of scaffolds
- The different types of system scaffolding
- BSEN13374 Edge Protection
- Scaffold tagging systems
- How to conduct a scaffolding inspection
- An exercise in scaffold inspection
- Knowledge test
At the end of the course, delegates can look to attend Construction Industry Scaffolders Record Scheme (CISRS) courses. These courses will qualify the attendee to safely inspect a mobile tower or scaffold structure. Courses include:
BSI – Basic Scaffolding Inspection Training – For Managers and Supervisors who have the responsibility of approving scaffold structures, inspecting and record keeping. After completing either part one and/or part two delegates will be able to apply for the relevant CISRS card.
Advanced Scaffolding Inspection Training Scheme (SITS) – This course is designed for those who will be inspecting more complexed scaffold structures. After this course, delegates will be able to apply for the Advanced SITS certificate.
The Myths Behind Working at Height
In the construction industry, there is a lot of myths surrounding what to do and what not to do when working at height. Take a look at some of the common myths and what you are really supposed to do here.