NVQ Level 4 in Construction Site Supervision – Demolition
NVQs – NVQ Level 4 in Construction Site Supervision
The NVQ Level 4 Demolition qualification is designed for learners who work in demolition in the construction industry. The purpose of the qualification is to assess a learner’s capability to work in their occupation. The qualification will show proven evidence of the learner’s skills and knowledge in the workplace to a standard which is acceptable for the construction industry. The worker is assessed on their competency in a working environment so therefore you will need to be employed in a suitable position to complete the qualification
Approx. 9 – 18 months
Who is it for:
This course is for Construction Site Supervisors and Assistant Site Managers within the construction sector
NVQ Level 4 in Construction Site Supervision
The learner will be assessed on site through a range of methods, such as evidence generated from the workplace, professional discussions, observations, witness testimonials and written questions. The compulsory course structure includes the following mandatory units:
- Maintaining Systems for Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental Protection in the Workplace
- Assessing and Recommending Work Methods for Carrying Out Site Operations in the Workplace
- Planning Activities and Resources to Meet Work Requirements in the Workplace
- Co-ordinating and Organising the Control of Work in the Workplace
- Controlling Work Progress Against Agreed Programmes in the Workplace
- Allocating and Monitoring the Use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery in the Workplace
In order to progress down the Demolition pathway; learners need to complete the below mandatory units:
- Allocating Work and Checking People’s Performance in the Workplace
- Supervising Demolition Activities in the Workplace
- Planning Demolition Activities in the Workplace
- Developing and Maintaining good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
The learner also has a choice of the below optional units in order to gain the minimum credit value of the qualification.
- Handing Over Property to Recipients Following Construction or Maintenance Related Activities in the Workplace
- Maintaining Supplies of Materials to Meet Project Requirements in the Workplace
- Implementing Communication Systems for Construction Projects in the Workplace
- Contributing to the Identification of Work Teams in the Workplace
- Maintaining the Dimensional Accuracy of Work in the Workplace
- Controlling Work Against Agreed Standards in the Workplace
- Identifying and Enabling Learning Opportunities for Given Work Teams in the Workplace
- Managing Personal Professional Development in the Workplace
- Co-ordinating Preparation Work for Site or Lifting Operations in the Workplace
Learners must be the minimum age of 16 and be working as an Assistant Manager or Site Supervisor. Before gaining authorisation of enrolment onto the course the learner must complete am informal discussion and a questionnaire.
Further qualifications include the Level 6 NVQ in Construction Site Management in Demolition.
Contact Us Today
Our Training & NVQ Coordinator is Sarah Davies. If you would like to apply for an NVQ or have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us or email email@example.com. Once you have applied for an NVQ; Sarah will contact you and arrange a sign up meeting, in which she will explain how the process works. Once you have done this Sarah will assign you an assessor who you can consult for advice throughout the process.