NVQ Level 4 in Construction Site Supervision – Residential Development
NVQs – NVQ Level 4 in Construction Site Supervision
The NVQ Level 4 qualification is devised for learners who work in the construction industry in residential development. The qualification is used to assess the learner’s competency to work in their profession. The qualification will prove that the learner is working to a standard that is required for the construction sector. Throughout, the worker will be assessed on their capability in their occupation. To complete the qualification workers will need to be in employment.
Approx. 9 – 18 months
Who is it for:
The course is suitable for Construction Site Supervisors and Assistant Site Managers working within the residential development area of the construction sector. This course is intended for those who are looking to obtain their Gold Supervisory Card or Gold CSCS Card
NVQ Level 4 in Construction Site Supervision
The learner will be assessed on site through a range of methods, such as evidence generated from the workplace, professional discussions, observations, witness testimonials and written questions.
Compulsory course structure includes the following mandatory units:
- Maintaining Systems for Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental Protection in the Workplace
- Assessing and Recommending Work Methods for Carrying Out Site Operations in the Workplace
- Planning Activities and Resources to Meet Work Requirements in the Workplace
- Co-ordinating and Organising the Control of Work in the Workplace
- Controlling Work Progress Against Agreed Programmes in the Workplace
- Allocating and Monitoring the Use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery in the Workplace
In order to progress down the Residential Development pathway; learners need to complete the below mandatory units:
- Implementing Communication Systems for Construction Projects in the Workplace
- Maintaining Supplies of Materials to Meet Project Requirements in the Workplace
- Controlling Work Against Agreed Standards in the Workplace
- Maintaining the Dimensional Accuracy of Work in the Workplace
- Handing Over Property to Recipients Following Construction or Maintenance Related Activities in the Workplace
- Providing and Monitoring Construction-related Customer Service in the Workplace
The learner also has a choice in the below optional units in order to gain the minimum credit value of the qualification.
- Contributing to the Control of Work Quantities and Costs in the Workplace
- Developing and Maintaining good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- Co-ordinating Preparation Work for Site or Lifting Operations in the Workplace
- Allocating Work and Checking People’s Performance in the Workplace
- Managing Personal Professional Development in the Workplace
- Contributing to the Identification of Work Teams in the Workplace
- Identifying and Enabling Learning Opportunities for Given Work Teams in the Workplace
Learners must be working as an Assistant Manager or Site Supervisor or Assistant Site Manager and the minimum age of 16. The learner must complete am an informal discussion and a questionnaire before gaining authorisation of enrolment onto the course.
Further qualifications include the Level 6 NVQ in Construction Site Management in Residential Development.
Contact Us Today
The Training & NVQ Coordinator for 3B Training is Rob Boardman. If you want to apply for an NVQ or have any questions regarding NVQs please do not hesitate to contact 3B or email Rob on firstname.lastname@example.org. On application of an NVQ; Rob will contact you and organise a sign-up meeting, in the meeting he will explain how to complete the process. Rob will then assign you an assessor who you advise you throughout the NVQ process.