NVQ Level 6 in Construction Site Management – Demolition
NVQs -NVQ Level 6 Diploma in Construction Site Management
The NVQ Level 6 qualification is devised for those who work in the construction sector; the course assesses the learner in how they prove competence in their role. This NVQ gives the learner an opportunity to show their capability in the management of a demolition project.
Approx. 9 – 18 months
Who is it for:
This course is for those who want to achieve a formal management qualification suitable for the construction industry.
NVQ Level 6 Construction Site Management
The learner will be assessed on site through a range of methods, such as witness testimonials, observations, professional discussion, written questions and evidence generated from the workplace. The compulsory course structure includes the below mandatory units:
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- Allocating Work and Checking People’s Performance in the Workplace
- Establishing, Implementing and Maintaining Systems for Managing Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Evaluating and Selecting Work Methods to Meet Project or Operational Requirements in the Workplace
- Monitoring Construction Related Project Activities in the Workplace
- Controlling Project Progress Against Agreed Quality Standards in the Workplace
- Controlling Project Progress Against Agreed Programmes in the Workplace
- Managing Personal Development in a Construction-Related Workplace
In order to progress down the Demolition pathway; learners need to complete the below mandatory units:
- Establishing, Controlling and Monitoring Environmental Factors and Sustainability in the Workplace
- Planning the Preparation of the Site for the Project or Operation in the Workplace
- Ensuring that Work Activities and Resources Meet Project Work Requirements in the Workplace
- Identifying, Allocating and Planning the Deployment and Use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery in the Workplace
- Managing the Handover of the Construction Project in the Workplace
- Planning Demolition Activities in the Workplace
They must also select the below optional units and gain the required credit total from them:
- Identifying and Enabling Learning Opportunities for Given Work Teams in the Workplace
- Contributing to the Identification Of Work Teams in the Workplace
- Organising, Controlling and Monitoring Supplies of Materials in the Workplace
- Controlling Project Quantities and Costs in the Workplace
- Providing and Monitoring Construction-Related Customer Service in the Workplace
- Establishing and Monitoring Communication Systems and Organisational Procedures in the Workplace
Learners must be working in a site management type role and be above the age of 16. Before gaining authorisation of enrolment onto the course the learner must complete an informal discussion and a questionnaire.
A recommended qualification to attend to further your development would be the Level 7 NVQ in Construction Senior Management.
Contact Us Today
Sarah Hyland is the Training & NVQ Coordinator for 3B Training; if you would like to sign up for an NVQ you will need to contact us or email email@example.com. On completion of an NVQ application; Sarah will arrange a sign up meeting for you over the phone. In the meeting she will go through how the NVQ process works. She will then assign you with an assessor; who throughout the process will advise you.