Working At Heights
Short Courses – Working At Height Awareness
Overview of Working at Heights Awareness Course
Anybody working at height must comply with the Working at Height Regulations 2005. It is advised that employees must avert from working at heights a much as feasible but in the occasion employees need to be taught how to work safely and prevent from falling. If you are deemed to be working at a distance in which a fall could prove to cause personal injury, you are working at height.
Who is it for:
The course is suitable for people in a range of industries, not just scaffolding and construction: people in the emergency services, military, maintenance, and even stage and theatre would be relevant delegates to attend. If you work in conditions in which you use harnesses, ladders or fall arrest apparatus, this course is suitable for you.
On completion of the training delegates will:
- understand related legislation
- have a greater knowledge of the roles, duties and responsibilities of those working at heights, as well as those working alongside them
- have a better understanding of the associated and relevant safety equipment
This course will cover the following topics:
- An introduction into working at heights
- The legislation surrounding working at heights
- The duties of an employer and employee whilst working at height
- Risk assessments and planning
- Roof access
- Avoidance of a fall
- Using ladders and step ladders
- Lifting devices
What is Required to Pass the Working at Heights Awareness Training Course
As a classroom course, a large part of it will contain group work and discussions. The course will also feature classroom and video tutorials as well as some practical elements.
This course is part of our 3 in 1 course package. The 3 in 1 course days include three, three-hour short courses. You can attend which ever course you would like, and as many as you want during the day. The advantage of the package is that the more you book, the more you save.
You can find more of our 3-in-1 courses by visiting here.
For more information about Working at Height training, PPE and the statistics surrounding it click here.
For a few tips on the dos and don’ts of working at heights click here.
The Working at Heights Awareness course is available at the following venues: