As of January 2017, our North East courses will run from Arch Workspace in Pity Me. The training venue is located 3 miles north of the city on Abbey Road. Premier Inn Durham North is within walking distance, as is Arnison Retail Park and Abbeywoods Business Park.
Please note: The venue reception does not open until 8.30 am. There is no access to the building before this time.
Arch Durham Workspace
- We have fit an acrylic shield for the reception for the protection of staff tenants and visitors.
- We have placed a hazard strip tape at reception 2 metres away from the desk for social distancing.
- We have implemented a one-way system for the first floor; this would be to use the reception stairs when entering the building and exit at the building’s rear stairs, and leave by the reception door.
- Only one person to be in any of the kitchens at any one time.
- Only one person to use the lift on-site at any one time.
- We recommend only two persons to be in the toilet facilities at any one time.
- Common areas are cleaned and disinfected as often as is feasible in line with the cleaning procedures.
- Please follow social distancing (2 metres apart); please be mindful of others to meet these guidelines.
- We have supplied the toilets with antibacterial hand soap.
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, please comply with the government guidelines.
- We have fitted hand a sanitiser dispenser at reception and outside the meeting rooms on the first floor.
- Meeting rooms have been rearranged to meet the guidelines of social distancing.
- The NHS Test & Trace app is available at the reception.
- We will also be taking temperatures on arrival.
Who To Contact
If you are looking to book training at our North East centre contact, Pete Milner is the guy to talk to. Pete has extensive knowledge of health and safety training and will point you in the right direction.
Parking is free at the venue.
Directions to the Durham Training Venue
There is easy access from the A1 north and south and the venue. The centre is based just off the A167. Take the 4th exit onto Front Street, then on the next roundabout; take the 1st exit onto Abbey Road. It would be best if you then took the next left onto Smithfield, and the centre will be on your next right.
By Train / By Bus
Durham Railway station is 3 miles from Durham Workspace. The centre is a 13-minute bus journey from Durham Train Station.
The nearby Arnison Centre (a retail park) is well serviced by buses throughout the day. The Workspace is then a short walk (5 minutes) from the bus stop. Arriva operates the number 64 bus, and there is a bus between Durham City Bus Station and the Arnison Centre every 10 minutes.
If you need further directions, please contact reception on 0191 375 3961.
Courses at the Durham Training Venue
We provide a range of health and safety courses in the venue, such as SSSTS, SMSTS, SMSTS Refresher, SSSTS Refresher, NEBOSH General Certificate, NEBOSH Construction Certificate and CITB Health and Safety Awareness.
To view our upcoming North East courses visit our book a course page.
Why Not Leave Us A Review?
We’d love to hear your thoughts on our products and services. So please leave us a review here.
Arch Durham Workspace