3 in 1 Courses – Manual Handling
This 3 hour course allows the delegate to learn how to improve manual handling techniques. You will also learn how to move and handle loads safely. As well as be able to conduct a personal risk assessment. This training course provides the required information to understand more about the risks linked with manual handling. The tutor teaches delegates how to conduct a risk assessment. Delegates also learn how to insure appropriate control measures are implemented.
The tutor divides the course into five modules and also includes an assessment at the end:
- Introduction and Legislation –manual handling is? How injuries are caused. The positive outcome of controlling risks, legislation, employer and employee duties and also HSE guidance.
- Risk Assessments – what is a risk assessment? Assessing task, load and environmental hazards. Evaluating who may be harmed. Evaluating risks, recording findings and also reviewing and updating.
- Reducing and Controlling the Risks – organising a manual handling operation. Hierarchy of control measures, individual capacity and avoiding manual handling. How mechanical aids, changing the task, load and environment, personal protective equipment and reducing the risks from team handling can help in a situation.
- Techniques – How to lift from low levels, carrying, lowering from height. Pushing and pulling and team handling.
- Identifying the Risks – types of injury and the mechanics of movement and factors that increase the risk of harm.
In successful completion of the course delegates will be able to as a result execute manual handling techniques cautiously and efficiently. They will also be able to analyze a load and lift it correctly. They will gain knowledge on the impact lifting injuries have on a business and regulations and legislation surrounding it.
To find out more about the training you can also take a look at our blog here.
Manual Handling training is available in Hull, Leeds, Bolton, Watford, Sheffield, Liverpool, Manchester and Derby.