Temporary Works Supervisor
Construction Skills Accredited Courses – Temporary Works Supervisor
Overview of the Temporary Works Supervisor Course
This course will provide you with a thorough knowledge of the role of a Temporary Works Supervisor, including a sound understanding of the risk management of temporary works.
Who is it for:
Agents, Managers, Supervisors
By the end of the Construction Industry Training Board Temporary Works Supervisor course, the delegate will:
- have gained an understanding of the importance of cooperation and teamwork on a temporary works site
- understand the legal duties of a Temporary Works Supervisor
- have a stronger awareness of risk management on site as well as the roles of a supervisor and their fellow employees on site
- leave the course with an understanding of the “4C’s”; Communication, Cooperation, Coordination and Competency
To find out more about temporary works you can also take a look at our informative blog here.
The content covered by the CITB Temporary Works Supervisor training course includes:
- Different types of Temporary Works
- Regulations and Codes of Practice
- Temp Works Register, Supervision and Design
- Case studies, policy and procedures
- Standard solutions and permitted drawings
- The roles and duties of a Temporary Works Supervisor
What is Required to Pass the CITB Temporary Works Supervisor Course
To pass the Temporary Works Supervisor course successfully you will need to get 72% or above in the final exam. Delegates are therefore persuaded to interact and get involved throughout the course.
Delegates must also have a strong understanding of written and spoken English. You must also have experience in being responsible for managing all forms of temporary works, and an understanding of the relevant aspects of the BS 5975:2008+A1:2011 revision material.
This CITB certificate will be valid for 5 years and can only be renewed by doing the course again. For some CITB courses, such as SMSTS and SSSTS, you can attend a refresher course to renew your certificate.
There are a number of locations where delegates can complete the CITB ABC course:
Contact Us Today
If you have any further questions, or would like to speak to one of the 3B Training specialists, don’t hesitate to get in touch or email us via firstname.lastname@example.org. You can of course book a place on the CITB Temporary Works Supervisor course here or, if you are considering any further training, you can book a course here.