Basic Scaffolding Inspection
Scaffolding & Working at Heights Courses
The CISRS accredited Basic Scaffolding Inspection courses help the delegate gain an understanding of scaffolding construction. You will also learn about its different forms and components. The course will also cover the procedures of inspecting scaffolds and how to work to the current legislation.
Who should attend the Basic Scaffolding Inspection course?
The course is suitable for any person who assembles, disassembles or examines scaffolding as part of their occupation.
Is the Basic Scaffolding Inspection course accredited?
To be accepted onto the course an individual must hold at least one of the following:
- Current CISRS Scaffolder card
- Current CISRS Advanced Scaffolder card
- Current CISRS Scaffolding Supervisor card
- Current or expired CISRS Basic Inspection card and is attending the course to renew their card
Individuals not holding an eligible CISRS card, who wish to attend the course will be required to submit a CV with contactable references and or/certificates, together with a letter from an employer confirming their awareness and experience of scaffolding structures gained via their role within industry and confirmation that the delegate has had a minimum of 2 years of experience in this role.
Delegates must have successfully completed a CITB Health and Safety and Environment Test within 2 years prior to attending the Basic CISRS SITS course or alternatively hold an accepted Health and Safety exemption such as:
Basic Scaffolding Inspection Training
This 3-day course is mainly aimed at supervisors and managers. It is ideal for those who have responsibilities for inspecting, record keeping and approving scaffold structures. They must also learn how to do this in accordance with the Work at Height Regulations 2005.
CISRS Basic Scaffolder Part 1 course
This is ideal for candidates who are working towards a scaffolder CISRS trainee card and an NVQ Level 2. This course runs for 10 days.
CISRS Basic Scaffolder Part 2 course
This is for candidates who are working towards a scaffolder CISRS basic card and an NVQ Level 2. Additionally, these delegates will have already completed the CISRS Basic Scaffolder Part 1 course. This course also runs for 10 days.
By the end of the training, attendees will be able to comprehend the legislation surrounding scaffold systems. You will also be able to assess loads before using working platforms and know the difference between different scaffold systems. As well as being able to safely inspect a scaffold structure or mobile tower.
Topics this course will cover include:
- Introduction to Scaffolding & Scaffolding Terminology
- The Work at Height Regulations 2005
- British, European and Industry Standards (NASC)
- Overview of SG4:10 Fall Arrest Equipment
- Tube, fittings & boards
- Safe ladder access and egress
- Scaffolders training and working methods
- Bracing and tying scaffolds
- Fan boards and public protection
- Mobile, static and loading towers
- Birdcage scaffolds
- Beams and bridging beams
- Various types of system scaffolding
- How to carry out a scaffolding inspection
- Scaffold tagging systems
- Scaffold inspection exercise
- Knowledge test and assessment