COSHH Awareness Course
The COSHH course informs the delegates of the dangers of chemical substances and aims to make sure that you or your company follow the relevant rules and regulations.
- Become qualified in just three hours.
- Understand the dangers of hazardous substances.
- Complete in the classroom or online.
- Can be delivered as an in-house course.
- Valid for three years.
COSHH Awareness course content
The content covered by the training course includes:
- The different forms of biological and chemical agents
- Classifying substances
- Specific agents and their health hazards
- Routes of entry
- Who is COSHH for?
- Limits of workplace exposure
- Control measures
- Health risk surveys
- Environmental issues
- Practical risk assessments
The tutor tailors the training to the client’s needs; it is an effective way of teaching a particular organisation about substances relevant to them. The course can also cover the relevant risks that the workers will face. In comparison to a general overview, the trainer can help specific organisations implement procedures that everyone will understand, as opposed to delivering a generic course.
By the end of the training course, the delegate will:
- understand the risks of handling and storing hazardous substances, relevant to their industry
- have gained further knowledge in the classification, packaging and labelling of hazardous substances
- have a basic overview of recognising, measuring and managing exposure to harmful chemical substances
- possess a greater awareness of the Chemical Regulations 2015 legislation
What is Required to Pass the COSHH Course?
Delegates will be assessed through a short assessment paper at the end of the course. Delegate’s contribution will also be assessed by the tutor throughout the course.
How long is the COSHH course?
The course is delivered over approximately three hours.
Why should I take this course?
Suitable for a broad range of individuals from a host of industries; those who use, store, handle, transport or manufacture hazardous substances
Is this course accredited?
Yes, the course is 3B Training accredited.
Upon completion, you will be awarded a certificate. You will receive your certificate within 6-8 weeks of the course.
The certificate is valid for three years. To renew, you must attend the course again.