Health & Safety Courses – COSHH Training
The COSHH course informs the delegates of the dangers of chemical substances and aims to make sure that you or your company follow the relevant rules and regulations.
Who is it for:
Suitable for a broad range of individuals from a host of industries; those who use, store, handle, transport or manufacture hazardous substances
Recommended 2-3 years
By the end of the COSHH training course, the delegate will:
- understand the risks of handling and storing hazardous substances, relevant to their industry
- have gained further knowledge in the classification, packaging and labelling of hazardous substances
- have a basic overview of recognising, measuring and managing exposure to harmful chemical substances
- possess a greater awareness of the Chemical Regulations 2015 legislation
The content covered by the COSHH training course includes:
- The different forms of biological and chemical agents
- Classifying substances
- Specific agents and their health hazards
- Routes of entry
- Who is COSHH for?
- Limits of workplace exposure
- Control measures
- Health risk surveys
- Environmental issues
- Practical risk assessments
The tutor tailors the training to the client’s needs; it is an effective way of teaching a particular organisation about substances relevant to them. The course can also cover the relevant risks that the workers will face. In comparison to a general overview, the trainer can help specific organisations implement procedures that everyone will understand, as opposed to delivering a generic course.
What is Required to Pass the COSHH Course?
At the end of the training, delegates are not required to attend a final exam.
This course is part of our short course package. The short course days include three, three-hour short courses. You can attend whichever course you would like, and as many as you want during the day. The advantage of the package is that the more you book, the more you save.
There are a number of locations where delegates can complete the COSHH course, covering areas such as:
North West, North East, Yorkshire, Watford and The Midlands.
Contact Us Today
If you have any further questions or would like to speak to one of the 3B Training specialists about specific venues in which the training course is delivered, don’t hesitate to get in touch or email us via [email protected]. If you would like to book your training now, book your course here.
Hazardous Substances on a Construction Site
Take a look at the potential chemicals, substances and fumes you may encounter on a construction site and how to avoid them here.