Level 2 Diploma in Decorative Finishing and Painting Occupations – Painter
NVQs – NVQ Level 2 in Decorative Finishing and Painting Occupations
The NVQ Level 2 Painter qualification is devised for formulated for painters who work in the construction sector. The qualification will allow the learner to demonstrate their ability to conduct their role in the relevant industry standard.
Approx. 9 – 18 months
Who is it for:
Painters who are looking to obtain their Blue CSCS Card or Skilled Worker Card.
NVQ Level 2 in Decorative Finishing and Painting Occupations – Painter
Throughout the NVQ the learner will be assessed on site by a range of methods, such as observations, professional discussion, written questions, evidence generated from the workplace and witness testimonials. The learner must gain enough credits from the below mandatory units below:
- Storing, Moving and Handling Resources in the Workplace.
- Conforming to Safety, Health and Welfare in the Workplace.
- Surface Preparation for Painting and Decorating in the Workplace
- Dismantling and Erecting Working/Access Platforms in the Workplace.
- The Application of Paint Systems by Roller or Brush in the Workplace.
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace.
There is also an option to add the below additional units to your qualification, please note that these will not contribute to your minimum credit requirement.
- Hanging standard wallpaper
- Applying coatings by the air spray method
- Installing decorative mouldings and coving
- Producing broken colourwork
- Hanging wide-width vinyls
- Applying and producing complex stencil designs
- Applying coatings to produce textured finishes
- Producing stencil designs using pre-cut stencil plates
Learners must 16 or over and be in full-time employment. Prior to NVQ, the learner will be contacted for a pre-sign-up discussion. This procedure is taken to ensure that you are suitable for the qualification and you have the facilities to complete it.
Contact Us Today
Once you begin your NVQ, Rob Boardman, our NVQ Coordinator will contact you to arrange a sign-up meeting. During the sign-up, Rob will assign you with an assessor and go through how to complete the qualification.