Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice
Health & Safety NVQs
The ProQual Level 6 NVQ in Occupational Health and Safety qualification is designed for learners who are responsible for health & safety in their workplace. Delegates will be assessed by distance learning workplace assessment throughout the process.
Dependant on how quick the learner can gather the relevant evidence.
Who should enrol on to the Health & Safety NVQ?
Staff members, supervisors or managers who have physical input into the process of a company’s health & safety and gain the Black Manager CSCS Card.
Is the course accredited?
ProQual or Pearson Edexcel accredited
The qualification will assess a learner’s competence in their current job role. Learners must be the age of 19 or over and working in health & safety related role. Learners will also be required to complete a skills-based questionnaire. As well as providing a copy of their CV.
Please note: it is advised that you have an expert witness within your organisation (e.g. line manager) to provide witness testaments throughout the process.
£1900 + VAT (registration fee included).
We offer two options for Level 6 / 7 NVQs payment plans
– 50% payment upon registering and 50% payment upon completion
– Four equal payments: one upon booking then week 4, week 8 and week 12
Level 6 NVQ in Health and Safety – Course Content
The delegate will be assessed in their workplace by a range of methods. Such as evidence generated from the workplace, professional discussions, witness testimonials, observations and written questions. Assessment calls are carried out via Skype throughout the process. The course structure includes the following mandatory units:
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture
- Implementing and developing effective communication systems for health and safety information
- Identifying, assessing and controlling health and safety risks
- Implementing and developing reactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Developing and implementing health and safety review systems
- Implementing and developing the health and safety policy
- Maintaining and developing individual and organisational competence in health and safety matters
- Developing and implementing proactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- Implementing and developing health and safety emergency response systems and procedures
- Maintaining knowledge of improvements to influence health and safety procedure
The ProQual Level 6 NVQ is now accepted by IOSH when applying for Graduate Membership of IOSH. This will be accepted until an updated qualification has been introduced in 2019.