This course teaches delegates how to improve their manual handling technique, how to conduct a personal risk assessment, and how to understand the risks linked with manual handling.
How long is the course?
Who should attend the Manual Handling course?
Anyone who conducts manual handling in their occupation. Also useful for individuals who wish to reduce their personal risk when handling.
Is the course accredited?
3B Training accredited
When does my certificate expire?
When complete, delegates will be able to execute handling techniques cautiously and efficiently. They will also be able to analyse a load and lift it correctly. They will gain knowledge on the impact lifting injuries have on a business and regulations and legislation surrounding it.
What does the Manual Handling course cover?
The course is delivered in the classroom and is split into the following five sections:
- Introduction and Legislation –manual handling is? How injuries are caused. The positive outcome of controlling risks, legislation, employer and employee duties and also HSE guidance.
- Risk Assessments – what is a risk assessment? Assessing task, load, and environmental hazards. Evaluating who may be harmed. Evaluating risks, recording findings and also reviewing and updating.
- Reducing and Controlling the Risks – organising a manual lifting operation. Hierarchy of control measures, individual capacity and avoiding manual handling. How mechanical aids, changing the task, load and environment, personal protective equipment and reducing the risks from team handling can help in a situation.
- Techniques – How to lift from low levels, carrying, lowering from a height. Pushing and pulling and team handling.
- Identifying the Risks – types of injury and the mechanics of movement and factors that increase the risk of harm.
The course makes sure that the employees attending are able to work in line with HSE legislation.
What is Required to Pass the Manual Handling Course?
The tutor will assess the delegates by a short written assessment at the end of the training.
This course is also available as an eLearning course, find out more about Manual Handling eLearning here.