NEBOSH General Certificate
IOSH & NEBOSH Accredited Courses
The NEBOSH General Certificate is the must-have qualification for safety and health practitioners. Its practical approach promotes the application of the knowledge acquired in the course to problem-solving within the workplace.
The courses are conducted quarterly and can be taken in many languages, tailored to suit your personal industry requirements. The qualification is specifically referred to as a key competence in the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
How long is the NEBOSH General course?
11 days of classroom study, plus personal study hours
Week 1: NGC1 (5 days)
2: NGC2 (5 days)
3: NGC1 & NGC2 Exams (1 day)
Who should attend the NEBOSH General?
Managers, supervisors and staff from all types of organisations who need a broad understanding of health and safety.
Is the NEBOSH General course accredited?
The content covered by the NEBOSH General Certificate includes:
NGC1 (NEBOSH General Certificate Unit 1) – Management of Health & Safety
This unit covers HSE legislation, health & safety knowledge and health & safety management systems.
- 1 – Foundations in Health & Safety
- 2 – Health & Safety Management Systems 1 – Plan
- 3 – Health & Safety Management Systems 2 – Do
- 4 – Health & Safety Management Systems 3 – Check
- 5 – Health & Safety Management Systems 4 – Act
NGC2 (NEBOSH General Certificate Unit 2)– Controlling Workplace Hazards
This unit covers workplace hazards and how to control and prevent them.
- 1 – Workplace Hazards and Risk Controls
- 2 – Transport Hazards and Risk Controls
- 3 – Musculoskeletal Hazards and Risk Controls
- 4 – Work Equipment Hazards and Risk Controls
- 5 – Electrical Safety
- 6 – Fire Safety
- 7 – Chemical and Biological Health Hazards and Risk Controls
- 8 – Physical and Psychological Health Hazards and Risk Controls
NGC3 (NEBOSH General Certificate Unit 3)– Practical Exam
Within 10 days of completing the NGC2 exam, you must have handed in your completed practical exam.
- NGC1 – Morning exam: 2 hours.
- NGC2 – Afternoon exam: 2 hours.
Further NEBOSH courses available include, NEBOSH Construction Certificate and the NEBOSH Diploma.
NEBOSH General Certificate Unit Prices
It is possible to book each unit or exam separately if you would like to do this please contact us. Prices are as follows:
- NGC1 (5 days) & NGC1 Exam: £600+VAT
- NGC2 (5 days) & NGC2 Exam: £600+VAT
- NGC1 Exam: £79+VAT
- NGC2 Exam: £79+VAT
- NGC3 Practical Exam: £59+VAT
- NGC1, NGC2 & NGC3 Practical exams: £149+VAT
- Exam Revision Day: £99+VAT
- Mock Exam Day: £99+VAT
- NEBOSH Combined – for those who want to achieve both the NEBOSH General and Construction Certificates: £1,975+VAT