NRSWA Supervisor (New Roads & Street Works Assessments)
Overview of NRSWA Supervisor Course
The New Roads and Street Works Act requires that workers who execute, work for, or on behalf of a utility company, is qualified for the activities being carried out.
Any street works site must have at least one qualified operative on site at all times during works. The site must also have a qualified supervisor appointed to the site who can oversee the works. The supervisor need not be on site at all times, but must be able to adequately carry out the role.
The supervisor qualification does not replace or overrule the operative qualification and one person cannot cover both roles at the same time. The tutor will also provide written work in the course.
Who is it for:
Operatives who physically carry out the work on the roadways and highways attend the course.
Courses also vary in their combinations of the units to provide delegates with the skills and knowledge to perform supervisor duties in accordance with the Street Works Act 1991.
Successful completion of the NRSWA Training course results in you gaining a City & Guild or CABWI (location dependent) certificate. They will receive a certificate for each unit and a Street Works Card; hence showing your units of competence. The card is valid for five years.
The course covers the following units:
- 001 – Location and avoidance of underground apparatus.
- 010 – Monitoring, signing, lighting and guarding.
- 011 – Monitoring excavation in the highway.
- 012 – Monitoring reinstatement & compaction of backfill layer.
- 013 – Monitoring reinstatement of sub and road base in non-bituminous material.
- 014 – Monitoring reinstatement of bituminous materials (may not be included in the course).
- 015 – Monitoring reinstatement of concrete slabs (may not be included in the course).
- 016 – Monitoring reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways.
Please note: not all units are completed at each centre. 3B Training provide further information.
Contact Us Today
To arrange a training course, if you have any further questions, or if you would like to speak to one of the 3B Training specialists, don’t hesitate to get in touch or email us via firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are considering any further training, you can book a course here or find out more about our other courses.