NVQ Level 3 in Decorative Finishing and Painting Occupations – Painting and Decorating
NVQs – NVQ Level 3 in Decorative Finishing and Painting Occupations
Painting and Decorating
The NVQ Level 3 in Painting and Decorating qualification allows the learner to show their competency in their occupation.
£1,000 + VAT
Approx. 9 – 18 months
Who is it for:
Painters and Decorators who are looking to obtain their Gold Advanced Craft Card.
NVQ Level 3 in Decorative Finishing and Painting Operations
The learner will be assessed on site through a range of methods, such as evidence generated from the workplace, professional discussion, witness testimonials, observations and written questions. The required course structure includes the following mandatory units:
- Maintaining and Developing Good Occupational Working Relationships
- Dismantling and Erecting Access Working Platforms
- Applying Paint Systems to Complex Surfaces by Brush
- Confirming Resources and Work Activities for an Occupational Work Area
- Confirming the Occupational Method of Work
- Preparing Surfaces for Painting and Decorating
- Conforming to General Health, Welfare and Safety
They must also select one of the below optional from category B1:
- Hanging Wide-width Viynls in the Workplace
- Hanging Standard Paper Wallcoverings
Then one from category B2 to gain the relevant amount of credits:
- Applying Coatings by the Air Spray Method
- Hanging Wallcoverings to Complex Surfaces
- Producing Comb Textured Finishes
- Installing Decorative Mouldings and Coving
- Producing Broken Colour Work
- Producing Straight Edge Grained Effects
- Producing Marbling Effects
- Applying and Producing Complex Stencils
- Hanging Specialised Paper Wallcoverings
- Applying Metal Leaf to Surfaces
- Applying Coatings to Produce Textured Finishes
- Producing Stencil Designs using Pre-cut Stencil Plates
- Producing Quality Replica Grained Finishes
- Producing Quality Replica Marble Finishes
Learners will be contacted before they are enrolled on the NVQ for an informal discussion to fathom whether they are suitable to be enrolled on the course. They must be the age of 16 or over and be currently in employment.
Contact Us Today
On enrolment of your NVQ, he will be the one who will contact you to arrange an introductory meeting. He will also go through how to complete the NVQ process and will assign you with an assessor who you can consult for advice throughout the course.
How will the Face Fit Testing Workshop benefit you?
In most construction trades, you and your workforce are required to wear the relevant RPE (respiratory equipment). Take a look at how the Face Fit Testing Workshop can help to ensure you and your workers are fitted with the relevant RPE here.