NVQ Level 6 Site Management in Construction
NVQ Level 6 in Construction Site Management is a competence-based qualification for working in the construction sector. You can use the NVQ to provide evidence of your competency in your role as a Site Manager in the construction sector. The qualification will allow you to prove and develop your skills as a Site Manager by covering aspects such as planning work, health & safety, quality control and relationship management. In addition, by completing the course, you will gain the sought after CSCS Black Manager card.
- Nationally recognised accredited qualification.
- Gain your Black CSCS Manager Card.
- Vital qualification for Construction Managers.
- A flexible qualification that you can complete in your own time.
- Work to industry standards.
- Help you to gain employment.
- CITB Skills and Training Fund and Grant Claimable.
- Lifetime qualification.
NVQ Level 6 in Construction Site Management course content
You will be given an assessor. The assessor will work with you to build a portfolio of evidence.
They will also arrange a remote or on-site induction.
The induction is used to plan out how you will gather the relevant evidence to complete the course. The assessor will also regularly review your progression to ensure that you are keeping on track.
You will be assessed on-site through various methods.
Such as observations, written questions, evidence generated from the workplace, professional discussion and witness testimonials.
- Identifying and Enabling Learning Opportunities for Given Work Teams
- Establishing, Controlling and Monitoring Environmental Factors and Sustainability
- Ensuring that Work Activities and Resources Meet Project Work Requirements
- Organising, Controlling and Monitoring Supplies of Materials
- Establishing Project Dimensional Control Criteria
- Evaluating Feedback Information and Recommending Improvements
- Contributing to the Identification of Work Teams
- Planning The Preparation of the Site for the Project / Operation
- Identifying, Allocating and Planning the Deployment and Use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery
- Establishing and Monitoring Communication Systems and Organisational Procedures
- Controlling Project Quantities and Costs
For more information, please contact the team.
To pass the Level 6 NVQ, you must complete each qualification unit by providing the required evidence. Once you have done so, the assessor will review the portfolio and provide feedback to which you will need to respond. Once all feedback has been addressed, the IQA will review the evidence and decide whether the qualification is complete.
How much does the NVQ Level 6 in Construction Site Management course cost?
The cost of this course is £1700 +VAT.
How long is a Level 6 in Site Management NVQ?
The NVQ has no set time limit to complete. The duration is down to how quickly you can gather all the evidence needed.
Working as a Site Manager can be a busy role, and balancing a qualification around it can be not easy. Luckily the format of an NVQ is highly flexible and can be completed in your own time. You can organise gathering evidence and communications with your assessor around your workload.
Why should I take this course?
Construction Site Managers who intend to gain the Black CSCS Card or Manager Card should enrol on the NVQ. The card is used to show that you are working completely as a Site Manager at the industry required level.
The Black CSCS Card and an NVQ are vital qualifications for someone at this level. They are highly recognised by employers in the industry and will help you progress when looking for work or within your current role.
You will also show the team that you manage that you are capable and qualified in your role.
NVQ Level 6 Site Management in Construction entry requirements
The qualification will assess your competence in your current job role. Therefore you must be currently working as Construction Site Manager or in a role at the same level.
You are also required to be aged 16 or above to enrol.
If we find that you are unsuitable for the qualification, we will find one that fits your credentials.
Where can I complete this course?
NVQs are available to complete across the United Kingdom. Individuals or companies booking on their behalf can book NVQs directly online or over the phone.
You can complete the Site Manager qualification mostly remotely. You can upload your evidence online and communicate with your assessor over a video call, phone call or email. Any units that need to be completed face-to-face will be arranged at your workplace.
Is this course accredited?
Yes, this course is accredited by ProQual or GQA Qualification.
GQA is an awarding body that delivers specialist NVQs for the construction sector. They work with construction and other allied industries to access knowledge that will help to improve their NVQs.
ProqQual has a good reputation throughout the industry for providing high-quality services. They also work with leading experts to improve their NVQs and to keep them relevant.
Once you have completed the NVQ, you will receive a course certificate. The qualification does not need to be renewed and, therefore, does not expire.
The next step upon completion would be to apply for the Black CSCS Manager Card. This card will be used as evidence that you are accountable and knowledgeable as a Site Manager.
To improve your health & safety knowledge, you may want to complete the SMSTS course. This five-day course covers the health & safety responsibilities of the Site Manager.
If you wish to advance further, you may want to complete the Level 7 NVQ in Construction Senior Management. If you’d prefer to go down a health & safety route, we also offer the NEBOSH Construction Certificate.
Is this course CITB Grant claimable?
Yes, Both CITB Skills and Training Fund & Grants can be claimed by CITB registered companies for all NVQs (with the exception of Occupational Health & Safety).
The CITB Skills and Training Fund is a pot of funding that micro, small and medium sized construction companies can use to improve the skills of the construction industry.
You can apply if:
- you are a CITB-registered employer
- you have 1-250 directly employed staff on the payroll
- any previous project paid for by the Skills and Training fund has been signed off as complete.
Find out more about the CITB Skills and Training Fund here.
We offer interest-free payment plans on all NVQs.
- 50/50: 50% payable upon booking, 50% payable upon completion.
- 4 equal payments, over the first 4 months.
Please speak to the NVQ Team when enquiring/booking to arrange this.