Safety Harness Training
Scaffolding and Working at Heights Courses – Safety Harness Training
Overview of Safety Harness Training Course
A poor fitting safety harness can prove very dangerous; that is why training is vital for those who commonly use a harness whilst working at height.
How long is the Safety Harness course?
Who should attend the Safety Harness course?
This safety harness training course is specifically designed for anyone who works regularly whilst wearing a harness or lanyard for support as well as those in need of fall arrest in their occupation.
Is the Safety Harness course accredited?
3B Training accredited
When does my Safety Harness certificate expire?
Is this course CITB Grant claimable?
You can claim up to £30 as long as you provide us with your CITB Levy number either at the time of booking or on the day of the course.
Delegates must be 16 years old or above and physically capable. Delegates will have to provide their own personal harness and lanyard for practical presentations.
By the end of the course the delegate will:
- Have a better understanding of suitable Health and Safety Legislation
- Be able to recognise and select the correct PPE in working at heights situations
- Learn how to attach and adjust a lanyard safely
- Be able to examine a MEWP harness and its equipment
- Know how to exhibit their safety awareness skills
- Understand how to inspect the workplace, and the equipment needed, before using a harness
- Be able to weigh up the requirements for preparing and coordinating the workplace
- Be capable of organising and planning for emergency procedures
Some of the units that the Safety Harness training course will cover are:
- Health and Safety Legislation
- Working at heights and PPE
- Lanyard and harness safety
- Arranging and preparing risk assessments
- Fall prevention
- Fall arrest systems
What is Required to Pass the Safety Harness Training Course
Delegates will be assessed through a short assessment paper at the end of the course.
This course is part of our short course package. The short course days include three, three-hour short courses. You can attend whichever course you would like, and as many as you want during the day. The advantage of the package is that the more you book, the more you save.