Signing, Lighting and Guarding
Construction & Utility Courses
The NRSWA Signing, Lighting and Guarding course is designed to educate delegates on how to set out signs, cones, barriers and traffic lights on a new road and street works site.
How long is the Signing, Lighting & Guarding course?
Who should attend the Signing, Lighting & Guarding course?
Operatives or Supervisors (depending which unit you complete) who work in the utilities and construction industries
The course will cover the following subjects:
- Safety of workers and the general public when carrying out street works
- Maintaining the free movement of the pedestrians and traffic whilst working
- Complying with the restrictions of work
- Safe working practices
- The layout of barriers, warning notices, lamps, signs etc.
- Special measures – road closure, traffic diversion, portable lights
- Operating and positioning portable traffic lights and equipment.
What is Required to Pass the Signing, Lighting & Guarding Course?
The course contains both theory and practical elements. The theory element is delivered in a classroom but the course is majority practical based. You will be assessed by the tutor on your ability to conduct the practical exercises effectively.