Spill Response Training
Health & Safety Courses – Spill Responder Training
The Spill Responder Training or Spill Kit Training course is designed to heighten the delegates awareness of the risks involved with handling, storing and dispensing liquids and the dangers they can cause to the environment.
Who is it for:
Any workplace in which the staff need training in spill prevention and awareness.
By the end of the Spill Response Training course, the delegate will:
- Have greater knowledge of the implications of spilling liquids into waterways, therefore, contaminating the environment.
- Understand the risks, fines and punishments caused by bad practice with spill control and environmental protection and the effects they have on your company’s reputation.
- Emergency Spill Response Procedure.
- Know how to use the relevant spill control resources.
- Have a greater awareness of the dispensers, containers and sorbents available.
- How to work in compliance with the relevant legislation.
The course covers the following topics:
- The actions you need to take to deal with spills
- Increasing awareness of potential liquid spills
- Preventing spills
- The 3 types of sorbents
- Effective and safe use of spill control materials
- Awareness of current pollutions regulations.
- Safe disposal or sorbents and awareness of how the sorbents take on the properties of the liquid cleaned up.
- Individual responsibility and best practice.
- The simulation of an emergency spill
What is Required to Pass the Spill Responder Training Course?
To pass the course the delegate must complete an end, of course, 14 question written test.
There are no formal entry requirements.
Contact Us Today
COSHH: Hazardous Substances on a Construction Site
Take a look at some of the hazardous substances you may encounter on a construction site that could be harming you on site on a daily basis here.