CITB Accredited Courses
The SSSTS course provides an introduction to health and safety, welfare and environmental issues. The course provides the delegate with an understanding of their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities.
How long is the SSSTS course?
Who should attend the SSSTS?
Site Supervisors, Supervisors-to-be
Is the SSSTS course accredited?
When does my SSSTS certificate expire?
Five years (you will need to attend an SSSTS Refresher)
You can claim up to £70 as long as you provide us with your CITB Levy number either at the time of booking or on the day of the course.
The minimum requirement for entry is that the delegate can understand, write and speak English well. Photographic ID and the delegates national insurance number must be provided on the first day of the course.
- Have gained knowledge and skills in the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Understand how to manage day-to-day challenges
- Have a greater understanding of why they are carrying out their identified duties and what is expected of them on site
- Know how to better contribute to the safety of the workplace
The content covered by the course includes:
- HSE regulations and the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Control measures and risk assessments on site
- Legal responsibility and expectations of a Site Supervisor
- First aid
- Toolbox talks
- Daily challenges
What is Required to Pass the CITB SSSTS Course?
Delegates will attend an exam at the end of the training, consisting of 30 multiple-choice questions selected by CITB. Delegates are also required to contribute throughout the course and will need to complete a toolbox talk, case study exercise and trainer review.
The certificate is valid for five years, so once this time has passed you must attend the one-day SSSTS Refresher course to reinstate the qualification. Further qualifications include the CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (CITB SMSTS), but you may also consider progressing onto the Construction Site Supervisor course or the NVQ Level 4 in Construction Site Supervision.