Site Safety Plus Accredited Courses – SSSTS
This course provides an introduction to health and safety, welfare and environmental issues. It is designed for those requiring an understanding of their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities.
Who is it for:
Site Supervisors, Supervisors-to-be
By the end of the Construction Industry Training Board Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme course, the delegate will:
- have gained knowledge and skills in the Health and Safety at Work Act
- understand how to manage day-to-day challenges
- have a greater understanding of why they are carrying out their identified duties and what is expected of them on site
- know how to better contribute to the safety of the workplace
To find out how the CITB SSSTS course can benefit you further, visit our blog, here.
The content covered by the CITB SSSTS course includes:
- HSE regulations and the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Control measures and risk assessments on site
- Legal responsibility and expectations of a Site Supervisor
- First aid
- Toolbox talks
- Daily challenges
What is Required to Pass the CITB SSSTS Course?
Delegates will attend an exam at the end of training, consisting of 25 multiple-choice questions selected by CITB.
The minimum entry requirement is a good understanding of spoken and written English.
The CITB SSSTS certificate is valid for five years, so once this time has passed you must attend the one-day SSSTS Refresher course to reinstate the qualification. Further qualifications include the CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (CITB SMSTS), but you may also consider progressing onto the Construction Site Supervisor course or the NVQ Level 4 in Construction Site Supervision.
There are a number of locations where delegates can complete the CITB SSSTS course:
Contact Us Today
If you have any further questions or would like to speak to one of the 3B Training specialists, don’t hesitate to get in touch or email us via email@example.com. You can of course book a place on the CITB SSSTS course here or, if you are considering any further training, you can book a course here.