Temporary Works Supervisor Course
CITB Accredited Courses
The Temporary Works Supervisor course will provide you with knowledge of the role. You will also gain a good understanding of risk management on a temporary works site.
How long is the Temporary Works Supervisor course?
Who should attend the Temporary Works Supervisor?
Agents, Managers, Supervisors who are about to hold the role of Temporary Works Supervisor
Is the course accredited?
When does my Temporary Works Supervisor certificate expire?
Is this course CITB Grant claimable?
You can claim up to £30 as long as you provide us with your CITB Levy number either at the time of booking or on the day of the course.
Delegates must also have a strong understanding of written and spoken English. You must also have experience in being responsible for managing all forms of temporary works, and an understanding of the relevant aspects of the BS 5975:2019+A1:2011 revision material. Photographic ID and the delegates national insurance number must be provided on the first day of the course.
By the end of the Construction Industry Training Board course, the delegate will:
- Have gained an understanding of the importance of cooperation and teamwork on a temporary works site
- Understand the legal duties of the role.
- Have a stronger awareness of risk management on-site as well as the roles of a supervisor and their fellow employees on site
- Leave the course with an understanding of the “4C’s”; Communication, Cooperation, Coordination and Competency
To find out more about temporary works you can also take a look at our informative blog here.
The content covered by the CITB training course includes:
- Different groups and types of Temporary Works.
- CDM Regulations
- Legislation and Codes of Practice.
- Temporary Works Register, Design Brief and Design.
- Case studies, policy and procedures.
- Standard solutions and permitted drawings.
- Risk assessments, method statements
- Safe systems of work.
- The roles and duties of a Temporary Works Supervisor.
What is Required to Pass the Temporary Works Supervisor Course?
To pass the course successfully you will need to get 72% or above in the final exam. Delegates are therefore persuaded to interact and get involved throughout the course.
This CITB certificate will be valid for 5 years and can only be renewed by doing the course again. For some CITB courses, such as SMSTS and SSSTS, you can attend a refresher course to renew your certificate.