Traffic Management & Vehicle Banksman
Health & Safety Courses
This course aims to ensure that site-based traffic management is delivered safely and is done so of high quality. The course provides attendees with an understanding of the risks related to the movement of vehicles on site.
How long is the course?
Who should attend the Traffic Management & Vehicle Banksman course?
The course is suited to operatives who assist in the moving and loading/unloading of vehicles in their occupation.
Is the Traffic Management & Vehicle Banksman course accredited?
3B Training accredited
When does my certificate expire?
On completion of the training delegates will be able to:
- identify risks and hazards
- choose the correct equipment or vehicle to complete a job safely
- administer signals to drivers clearly and safely
They will also have a better understanding of:
- The responsibilities of a banksman
- The requirements, duties and tasks that come with the role
The course is devised to raise the delegates understanding of the dangers caused by a reversing vehicle. The course will go over techniques and hand signals used to help drivers with manoeuvring reversing vehicles. It will also help delegates gain knowledge on the following topics:
- The roles and responsibilities of colleagues involved
- Health and Safety at Work Act
- Setting safety standards and work procedures
- Working with the relevant health and safety regulations
- The terminology of traffic management
- Pedestrian and vehicle routes
- Inspection of vehicles
- Risk Management
- How to layout the site safely
What is Required to Pass the Traffic Management Training Course
Delegates will be assessed through a short assessment paper at the end of the course.
The delegate will gain further knowledge in the secure passing of reversing vehicles in confined spaces. They will be able to recognise areas of danger on site. They will learn all the suggested codes of signals. With these skills, they will be able to guide both articulated and rigid large good vehicles.