Workplace First Aid
Want to know more about Workplace First Aid?
Minor or major, accidents will happen in the workplace. Whether the injury is caused by the work you do or not, it certainly helps in knowing Workplace First Aid.
There are so many questions that are commonly asked about first aid in the workplace, so take a look below to find out more.
What do I need?
On any work site, the minimum first-aid provision is that…
…you have a first aid kit that is suitably stocked
- take a look at our blog; ‘What do I need in my First Aid Kit?’ to see a guide of the minimum provision for your kit
- this may differ as this is just the basics, your workplace may have particular requirements depending on the risk level in your occupation
….you have an appointed person who can take charge of first aid arrangments
- for a low-risk workplace with around 25 – 50 people, at least one first aider is required
- for more than 50 people, at least one first aider trained for every 100 employees
…you provide your employees with information about the first aid arrangements
- you can do this by simply putting up notices to inform staff of who and where the appointed persons or first aiders are and where the first aid box is kept.
What does 3B Training’s First Aid at Work course cover?
- this is a 3-day course is for anyone who needs to become accredited in first aid in the workplace, particularly in hazardous environments, according to HSE legislation.
- we will ensure that all delegates being trained will be able to deal with incidents in the workplace in accordance with HSE legislation.
For more information on the First Aid at Work course click here
How long is the Highfield accredited First Aid at Work certificate valid for?
- this will be valid for three years, once the three years is up you must complete a re-qualification course which will retain your accreditation before the 30 day grace period ends.
What are the qualities of a good first aider?
- Quick in action
- Good communication skills
- Good decision maker
- Reliable and comforting
- Keeping their cool
Want to know more? Why not take a look at what other First Aid courses we offer here.Back to News View Our Courses