How To Do An NVQ During Lockdown
Learners are still able to complete their NVQ during Lockdown with 3B Training; despite having to close all face to face training centres. Many of the NVQs that we offer do not require practical site visits and therefore can be assessed remotely.
What NVQ can be completed online during Lockdown?
Every NVQ available will require some form of face-to-face visit or assessment. Although this is the case, many of the less practical qualifications involve very minimal human contact. Management or supervisory NVQs are great qualifications to make a start on during lockdown. Qualifications such as:
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision
- NVQ Level 4 in Construction Site Supervision
- NVQ Level 6 in Construction Contracting Operations Management
- NVQ Level 6 in Construction Site Management
- NVQ Level 7 in Construction Senior Management
How to complete NVQ units from home
In comparison to how an NVQ would usually work in terms of induction and site-visits were assessor would visit the learner in person would now be delivered over video or phone call.
Each unit requires various forms of evidence for each learning outcome. Although onsite-observations won’t be able to be covered, the learner can provide evidence in other formats.
Formats such as…
- Evidence generated from the workplace. The learner can scan or email this to the assessor to review.
- Professional discussion. This can be done over the phone or video call; as long as the assessor can ask questions back and forth, this won’t be an issue.
- Witness testimonials. Employers or line managers can provide witness testimonials for their employees in a written document and simply email it over to the assessor.
- The learner can scan through hard copies of physical evidence as a savable file. Then the learner can talk about them to the assessor.
- Written questions and knowledge statement can simply be completed on the computer or written at home and uploaded accordingly.
- Some units may also require video footage or audio recordings which can be completed at home.
- In some circumstance, preexisting qualifications such as lower-level NVQs will help to cover the required knowledge for certain units.
NVQs Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If you ave any further questions about your NVQ, visit our FAQ page here.
What courses are available during Lockdown?
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, 3B Training is now delivering Remote CITB Health & Safety Awareness, SMSTS Refresher, SMSTS, SSSTS and SSSTS Refresher courses. Find out more about the training courses here.
The Mental Health Awareness and Face Fit Testing Workshop are also available to attend remotely.Back to News View Our Courses