CITB Health & Safety Awareness
Site Safety Plus Accredited Courses – CITB Health & Safety Awareness
This CITB course provides a basic introduction to understanding potential construction site hazards and how everyone can contribute to keeping the workplace safe.
Who is it for:
Those who work in construction or are looking to start a career in construction
By the end of the CITB H&S Awareness course, the delegate will:
- Understand the need to prevent accidents
- Have an understanding of Health and Safety Law – including the Health and Safety Act, and its surrounding regulations, in relation to the construction industry
- Identify how their role fits into the control and management of the construction site
- Understand the need for risk assessments and method statements
- Appreciate the need to perform safely and to stop and ask for advice if not sure
- Feel obliged to report unsafe acts to prevent an accident
The units that the Health and Safety Awareness training course will cover are:
- Everyday Responsibilities
- Reporting and Preventing Accidents
- An Introduction to Health and Welfare
- Working At Height
- Manual Handling
- (PPE) Personal Protective Equipment
- First Aid and Emergency Procedures
- Control and Prevention of Fire
- Electrical Safety
- Hazardous Substances
- Handheld Tools and Equipment
- Safety with Site Transport
- Vibration and Noise
- Confined Spaces and Excavation
What is Required to Pass the CITB Health and Safety Awareness Course?
To complete the H&S Awareness course, delegates must be involved in the classroom-based discussion and complete individual and/or group presentations. Each delegate must also be interactive throughout the course and score over 18 out of 25 on the final multiple choice assessment.
Delegates must be able to read, write and understand English well to attend the course.
On completion of the course, the delegate would then apply for the CITB Health and Safety and Environment touch screen test. They will do this in order to obtain their CSCS green labourers card. The card is used as proof that the person has passed the relevant training. The card shows that they should be able to demonstrate Health and Safety competence.
Applying for a CSCS Green Card
In order to apply for a CSCS green card you will need to follow these three simple steps:
- Book your place on the CITB Health and Safety Awareness course here.
- Once this is passed, 3B will send off your course paperwork to the Construction Industry Training Board.
- Pass the CITB Health, Safety and Environment test.
- Call CSCS on 0344 994 4777 and pay £30 by credit or debit card or by cheque; alternatively, for more information, visit the CSCS card finder here.
There are a number of locations where delegates can complete the CITB Health and Safety Awareness course:
Contact Us Today
If you have any further questions or would like to speak to one of the 3B Training specialists, don’t hesitate to get in touch or email us via email@example.com. Alternatively, if you are considering any further training, you can book a course here.