Excavation Safety Course EUSR Cat 3, 4 & 5
Three categories of EUSR Excavation Safety courses are available with 3B Training. Three categories teach you how to Install, Inspect and Remove various entities:
Timber Shoring Sytems (Category 3)
Steel Shoring Systems (Category 4)
Proprietary Shoring Sytems (Category 5)
- Delivered over two days.
- Accredited training course.
- Gain your EUSR card.
- Learn how to work safer on site.
- Practical elements included.
- Available to complete as an in-house course.
- CITB Grant Claimable.
- Valid for three years.
Excavation Safety Course course content
What does the EUSR Excavation course cover?
The EUSR Excavation Safety course covers the essential information that the delegates will need to keep themselves and others safe on site. The tutor will cover the below topics:
- Legal requirements
- Excavation safety
- Why an excavation would fail
- An installation guide to excavation
- HSG 150 safety in excavations
- The angle of response
- The CIRIA report
- The risks of excavation (asbestos and leptospirosis)
The course is delivered through as both classroom and practical course. The practical element includes the installation of ground support systems. This is done as if it was a real-life situation. They will have to do this to a set temporary works design.
By the end of the course, the delegates will be able to:
- Understand the hazards associated with excavation work.
- Distinguish the difference in soil and working conditions.
- Remove, inspect and install timber, steel and proprietary support systems.
- Conduct a risk assessment.
- Assess various ground types.
- Plan work activities in line with the relevant procedures, legislation and guidelines.
- Write a temporary work design and design brief.
What is Required to Pass the EUSR Excavation course?
The tutor will assess the delegates understanding and competency throughout the course. The delegate will have to also complete a short written exam at the end of the course.
How long is the Excavation Safety course?
The course is delivered over two days.
Why should I take this course?
Supervisors, Managers, Safety Managers and Operatives who work around excavations should attend this course.
Excavation Safety Course entry requirements
There are no formal entry requirements for the course. However, delegates need a good understanding of spoken and written English.
Is this course accredited?
Where can I complete this course?
We can arrange EUSR Excavation Safety Cat 3, 4 & 5 courses across the country at a training venue or venue of your choice. The course can be delivered as all three categories or as an individual category if you require. We work with a range of trusted training partners who can deliver the course on our behalf. The course can be arranged for a maximum of 8 delegates per tutor. For a quote, complete the in-house enquiry form on this page, and one of the team will be in touch. Please note, all of our quotes are priced on a case-by-case basis depending on the course location and delegate numbers.
Is this course CITB Grant claimable?
Yes, companies who are CITB registered can claim £120 for each delegate who completes this course. For the grant to be claimed the company name and CITB levy number must be included on the delegates information form which is completed before or on the first day of the course.