EUSR Excavation Safety Cat 3, 4 & 5
Construction & Utility Courses
Three categories of EUSR Excavation Safety courses are available with 3B Training. Three categories teach you how to Install, Inspect and Remove various entities.
- Timber Shoring Sytems (Category 3)
- Steel Shoring Systems (Category 4)
- Proprietary Shoring Sytems (Category 5)
How long is the EUSR Excavation Safety course?
Who should attend the EUSR Excavation Safety course?
Supervisors, Managers, Safety Managers and Operatives who work around excavations.
Is the is the EUSR Excavation Safety course accredited?
There are no formal entry requirements for the course. Although, delegates need a good understanding of spoken and written English.
The EUSR Excavation Safety course is delivered through as both classroom and practical course. The practical element includes the installation of ground support systems. This is done as if it was a real-life situation. They will have to do this to a set temporary works design.
By the end of the course, the delegates will be able to:
- Remove, inspect and install timber, steel and proprietary support systems.
- Conduct a risk assessment.
- Assess various ground types.
- Plan work activities in line with the relevant procedures, legislation and guidelines.
- Write a Temporary Work Design and Design Briefs
Course Content of the EUSR Excavation Course
The EUSR Excavation Safety course covers the below topics:
- Legal requirements
- Excavation Safety
- Why an excavation would fail
- An installation guide to excavation
- HSG 150 Safety in Excavations
- The Angle of Response
- The CIRIA Report
- The risks of Excavation (Asbestos and Leptospirosis)
On completion of the course, delegates will receive an EUSR Excavating Safely accredited card and certificate. The card and certificate are valid for 3 years.
Managers and Supervisors are encouraged to take the Appreciation of Excavation Safety course.