EUSR Excavation Safety Cat 3, 4 & 5
EUSR Excavation Safety Category 3, 4 & 5 (Formerly Deep Excavation)
Three categories of EUSR Excavation Safety courses are available with 3B Training. Three categories teach you how to Install, Inspect and Remove various entities.
- Timber Shoring Sytems (Category 3)
- Steel Shoring Systems (Category 4)
- Proprietary Shoring Sytems (Category 5)
Who is it for:
Supervisors, Managers, Safety Managers and Operatives who work around excavations.
The EUSR Excavation Safety course is delivered through both classroom and practical methods. The practical element includes the installation of ground support systems as if it was a real-life situation. They will have to do this to a set temporary works design.
By the end of the course, the delegates will be able to:
- Remove, inspect and install timber, steel and proprietary support systems.
- Conduct a risk assessment.
- Assess various ground types.
- Plan work activities in line with the relevant procedures, legislation and guidelines.
- Write a Temporary Work Design and Design Briefs
The EUSR Excavation Safety course covers the below topics:
- Legal requirements
- Excavation Safety
- Why an excavation would fail
- An installation guide to excavation
- HSG 150 Safety in Excavations
- The Angle of Response
- The CIRIA Report
- The risks of Excavation (Asbestos and Leptospirosis)
There are no formal entry requirements for the course although, delegates need a good understanding of spoken and written English.
On completion of the course, delegates will receive an EUSR Excavating Safely accredited card an certificate that is valid for 3 years.
Managers and Supervisors are encouraged to take the Appreciation of Excavation Safety course.
Contact Us Today
If you would like to attend one, two or all of the above courses; you can either get in touch with one of our Training Advisors or book a course online. If you work in the Construction or Utility industries and you are interested in further training; take a look at our courses that are available for the sector here.
Career Paths in Construction
Are you looking for a career in construction? Here is some helpful guidance on the occupations that are available and what each role entails…read more.