Medium Risk Confined Spaces
The Medium Risk Confined Spaces is a training course that gives the delegate attending the knowledge to work in a medium-risk confined space safely.
- Delivered over two days.
- Learn to work safely in a medium-risk environment.
- Practical elements included.
- Available to complete as an in-house course.
- CITB Grant Claimable.
- Valid for three years.
Medium Risk Confined Spaces course content
What does the Medium Risk Confined Spaces course cover?
The course is delivered by an instructor with experience of emergency operations and hazardous environments.
The tutor will cover the following topics over throughout the course:
- Preparing to work in a medium risk confined space safely.
- Entering and exiting a medium risk confined space safely.
- The preparation and use of escape breathing apparatus
- Using tools and equipment safely.
- Following work and procedures in a safe manner
- Dealing with an emergency
- Behaving properly when working in confined spaces
- The legislation surrounding work in a confined space
- Applying your knowledge of confined spaces into your work
On the practical part of the course, the tutor will assign responsibilities to the delegates positioned outside of the confined space. They each have individual duties to assist with emergency evacuations and controlling the confined space entry.
On completion of the course, the delegate will have a greater knowledge of safely working in medium-risk confined spaces.
What is Required to Pass the Medium Risk Confined Spaces Course?
The tutor will assess the delegate on their understanding of the training throughout the day. To pass the course, the delegate will need to have a direct observation of them entering a medium risk confined space and complete a written examination.
How long is the Medium Risk Confined Spaces course?
The course is delivered over two days.
Why should I take this course?
Individuals who work in a confined space where they may require escape breathing apparatus or enter the space using manual or mechanical access equipment should attend this course.
Medium Risk Confined Spaces entry requirements
Delegates must be able to understand and speak English to attend this course. They must also have the required level of physical fitness to complete the course.
Where can I take this course?
We can organise in-company Medium Risk Confined Spaces course throughout the country. We have partnered with a range of providers who can deliver the course on our behalf. We can arrange the course for up to 10 delegates per instructor. For a quote, complete the in-house enquiry form on this page. All of our enquiries are quoted on a case by case basis depending on delegate numbers and location.
Is this course CITB Grant claimable?
Yes, companies who are CITB registered can claim £30 for each delegate who completes this course.