Medium Risk Confined Spaces
Other Training Courses – Working in Medium Risk Confined Spaces
This Medium Risk Confined Spaces course is devised to give delegate attending the knowledge to work in a Medium Risk confined space safely.
Who is it for:
If you are working in a confined space which may require you to use escape breathing apparatus and have to enter the space using *manual or mechanical access equipment; this is the suitable level for you.
Medium Risk confined spaces will also require the involvement of those who are positioned outside of the confined space. They will have assigned responsibilities for dealing with and emergency and controlling the entry. The course is also suitable for those who conduct this role.
*Manual or mechanical access –
Horizontally entering a confined space by walking or climbing or working away from the vertical entry with restricted use of a rescue line.
Vertically entering a confined space using a man-riding winch or ladder where both operatives will need assisted rescue and fall protection.
The Medium Risk Confined Spaces course aims to provide the delegate with improved knowledge of:
- Preparing to work in a Medium Risk confined space safely
- Entering and exiting a Medium Risk confined space safely
- The preparation and use of escape breathing apparatus
- Using tools and equipment safely
- Following work and procedures in a safe manner
- How to deal with an emergency
- Behaving properly when working in Medium Risk confined spaces
- The legislation surrounding work in a Medium Risk confined space
- Applying your knowledge of confined spaces into your work
The Medium Risk Confined Spaces course will cover the following topics:
- The definition of a confined space
- The definition of Water UK NC1- NC4 classifications
- What is a Low, Medium and High Risk environment?
- Regulations – preventing the need for entry
- Risk Assessments and hazard identification
- Atmospheric gases and hazards
- Principles and use of gas detectors
- Safe systems to work and permits to work
- The duties of topman/bottom man
- Adjusting, correct donning and pre-use checking of a harness
- Inspecting tripods, fall arrest equipment and winches
- Using and inspecting personal escape breathing apparatus
What is Required to Pass the Medium Risk Confined Spaces Course?
The delegates will be assessed on how competent they appear to the tutor. To pass the course the delegate will need to have a direct observation of them entering a Medium Risk confined space and complete a written examination.
The Medium Risk Confined Spaces course is available in Warrington
Contact Us Today
Feel free to speak to one of our Training Advisors if you have any questions about the course or you would like to book a place. Please do not hesitate to get in touch or email us via email@example.com.