Method Statement & Risk Assessment Workshop
Health & Safety Courses – Method Statement & Risk Assessment Workshop
This one-day course is devised to educate the delegate on how to write an effective method statement and risk assessment.
Who is it for:
Line Managers. Supervisors, Health & Safety Representatives
By the end of the course, the delegate will be able to recognise hazards in the workplace which will able them to:
- Evaluate the risks found with a risk assessment
- Initiate the relevant control measures to prevent an accident
- Competently conduct a risk assessment which complies with the relevant legislation
- Produce a suitable method statement
The Method Statement & Risk Assessment Workshop course is delivered through classroom tutorials from the tutor. The course covers the following topics:
- The legal requirements surrounding risk assessments and method statements, including the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Important definitions such as harm, risk, hazard and a hazardous event
- The risk assessment process (five-step approach)
- Risk and hazards
- Specification of risk controls
- Accident prevention and precautions
- Quantitative and qualitative risk
- Hierarchy of controls
- Practical element
What is Required to Pass the Method Statement & Risk Assessment Workshop Course?
The delegate will be assessed throughout the course on their input and competency during the practical element of the training. There will be no final exam, delegates will have to write a method statement and risk assessment competently in order to pass.
There are no formal requirements to entry on this course. We advise that the delegate has a basic knowledge of health and safety, but it is not compulsory.
The Method Statement & Risk Assessment Workshop training course is available at our Derby, Sheffield, Hull and Leeds centre as an open course. We can also deliver the course as an in-house course to a group of six or more.
Contact Us Today
Don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions about the course. You can also email us via email@example.com. If you are considering any further training, you can see what courses are available here.