Risk Assessment & Method Statement Workshop
Health & Safety Courses – Risk Assessment & Method Statement Workshop
This one-day RAMS course is devised to educate the delegate on how to write an effective method statement and risk assessment.
Who is it for:
Line Managers. Supervisors, Health & Safety Representatives
By the end of the course, the delegate will be able to recognise hazards in the workplace which will able them to:
- Evaluate the risks found in a risk assessment
- Initiate the relevant control measures to prevent an accident
- Competently conduct a risk assessment which complies with the relevant legislation
- Produce a suitable method statement
The Risk Assessment & Method Statement Workshop course is delivered through classroom tutorials from the tutor. The course covers the following topics:
- The legal requirements surrounding risk assessments and method statements, including the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Important definitions such as harm, risk, hazard and hazardous events
- The risk assessment process (five-step approach)
- Risk and hazards
- Specification of risk controls
- Accident prevention and precautions
- Quantitative and qualitative risk
- Hierarchy of controls
- Practical element
What is Required to Pass the Risk Assessment & Method Statement Workshop Course?
The delegate will be assessed throughout the course on their input and competency during the practical element of the training. There will be no final exam, delegates will have to write a method statement and risk assessment competently in order to pass.
There are no formal requirements for entry on this course. We advise that the delegate has a basic knowledge of health and safety, but it is not compulsory.
Contact Us Today
Don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions about the course. You can also email us via [email protected]. If you are considering any further training, you can see what courses are available here.
How to Complete an Accident Report Form
If you would like to learn how to correctly fill in an accident report form in the event of an incident take a look at our informative guide here.