CITB Accredited Courses
The CITB SEATS course focuses on construction site environmental issues. If booked in-house, the course can also be tailored towards a specific company or sector.
How long is the SEATS course?
Who should attend the SEATS?
Site Managers and Supervisors
Is the SEATS course accredited?
When does my SEATS certificate expire?
Is this course CITB Grant claimable?
You can claim up to £30 as long as you provide us with your CITB Levy number either at the time of booking or on the day of the course.
The delegate must have a good knowledge of written and spoken English.
By the end of the course, the delegate will:
- Have the basic environmental knowledge that is required from major contractors
- Understand and be able to carry out best practice methods on site
- Be able to monitor acceptable and relevant legislation
- Have a greater knowledge of how construction impacts the environment
The content covered by the course includes:
- How to deliver best practice and legal compliance
- Why the environment matters
- Environmental management systems
- Management of waste
- Prevention of pollution and how to manage water systems
- How to be a good neighbour: statutory nuisance, communication, archaeology and heritage
- Management of energy and resources
- How to be responsible for environmental issues
What is Required to Pass the CITB SEATS Course?
Delegates on the course will learn through a range of means. Such as looking at case studies and undertaking group work, classroom discussions and individual / group presentations. The tutor will assess the delegate throughout the day and at the end of the course, you will complete a multiple-choice test.
This course is the level equivalent to the SSSTS course. Once you obtain this qualification, it will be valid for five years and must be renewed upon its expiry.