SMSTS Day Release
Site Safety Plus Accredited Courses –SMSTS Day Release
The CITB SMSTS Day Release course is delivered one day a week for five weeks. The course is more in detailed than the Site Supervisors (SSSTS) course and covers how to meet the increasing need for evidence of sound health and safety management on a construction site.
Five days over a space of five weeks
Who is it for:
Site Managers and Supervisors, Project Managers, proprietors of SME’s, client-based personnel
By the end of the CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme course, the delegate will:
- have greater knowledge of the CDM Regulations 2015 and Health and Safety at Work Act
- better understand the health and safety implications of working with scaffolding, confined spaces, demolition, excavations and electricity
- have an awareness of any recent changes in accepted working practices and behavioural safety
- gain knowledge of method statements/risk assessments, site set-up, and working at heights
The content covered by the CITB SMSTS course includes:
- Overviews and explanations of construction legislation
- The procedure of an accident on site and the processes following the incident
- An introduction to health and safety responsibilities, law and the duties and sanctions surrounding them
- Risk assessments
- Development of safe systems of work and permit systems
- Effective communication
- Management of health
- Managing contractors
- Being aware of human error
- Staff motivation
- Awareness of an organisation’s duties and responsibilities
- Safe systems of work
- Recognising the responsibility of the workforce
- Health and safety planning of projects
What is Required to Pass the SMSTS Day Release Course?
This course is assessed throughout the course. On the final day, you must conduct a presentation in front of other group members. At the end of the course, you are required to complete an examination.
There are no formal entry requirements; however, delegates be about to hold or hold, a construction manager type role. The main requirement is that the delegate can speak, understand and write English well.
The SMSTS certificate must be renewed every five years by attending the SMSTS Refresher course. Further qualifications include the NEBOSH Construction Certificate and the NVQ Level 6 Diploma in Construction Site Management.
There are a number of locations where delegates can complete the CITB SMSTS Day Release course:
Contact Us Today
If you have any further questions or would like to speak to one of the 3B Training specialists, don’t hesitate to get in touch or email us via email@example.com. You can of course book a place on the CITB SMSTS Day Release course here or, if you are considering any further training, you can book a course here.
The Benefits Of Attending
If you are set to attend the course or are looking to book a course but are unsure of the benefits; take a look at our blog here.