Site Safety Plus Accredited Courses -SMSTS
The CITB SMSTS course can be delivered on a weekly or day release basis. It is more in depth than the Site Supervisors (SSSTS) course, and demonstrates how to meet the ever-increasing demand for evidence of sound health and safety management on site.
Who is it for:
Project Managers, Site Managers and Supervisors, proprietors of small to medium sized companies, client-based personnel
By the end of the Construction Industry Training Board Site Management Safety Training Scheme course, the delegate will:
- gain knowledge in the Health and Safety at Work Act and CDM Regulations 2015
- have a greater knowledge of site set-up, risk assessments/method statements and working at height
- better understanding of the health and safety implications of working with scaffolding, electricity, excavations, demolition and confined spaces
- have an awareness of any recent changes in accepted working practices and behavioural safety
To find out the further benefits of the course, you can visit our blog here.
The content covered by the CITB SMSTS course includes:
- An initiation to health and safety law and the duties, responsibilities and sanctions surrounding it
- Explanation and overviews of construction legislation
- The procedure of an accident occurring on site and the process following the accident
- Risk assessments
- Managing contractors
- Development of permit systems and safe systems of work
- Communicating effectively
- Awareness of human error
- Motivating staff
- Awareness of an organisation’s responsibilities and duties
- Recognising the responsibility of the workforce
- Safe system of work production
- Planning health and safety for projects
What is Required to Pass the CITB SMSTS Course?
This course is assessed throughout the training. On the last day, you must display a presentation in front of other group members. You will also complete an examination.
There are no formal entry requirements; however, delegates must hold, or be about to hold, the role of a construction manager. The main requirement is that the delegate can speak, understand and write well in English.
The SMSTS certificate must be renewed every five years by attending the SMSTS Refresher course. Further qualifications include the NEBOSH Construction Certificate and the NVQ Level 6 Diploma in Construction Site Management.
There are a number of locations where delegates can complete the CITB SMSTS course:
Contact Us Today
If you have any further questions, or would like to speak to one of the 3B Training specialists, don’t hesitate to get in touch or email us via firstname.lastname@example.org. You can of course book a place on the CITB SMSTS course here or, if you are considering any further training, you can book a course here.