CITB Skills and Training Fund
What is the CITB Skills and Training Fund for?
The CITB Skills and Training Fund is a pot of funding that construction companies use to improve the skills of the construction industry. It helps to provide an improved talent pool for micro, small and medium sized construction companies via additional training.
Who can apply for funding?
You can apply if:
- you are a CITB-registered employer
- you have 1-250 directly employed staff on the payroll (employees must be in addition to yourself / business owner)
- any previous project paid for by the Skills and Training fund has been signed off as complete.
You can apply for funding once every 12 months.
How much can you apply for from the CITB Skills and Training Fund?
Micro, Small and Medium-sized construction companies can get funding for Construction training. The fund can also be used for all of the NVQs 3B offers (with the exception of Occupational Health & Safety NVQs).
Small and micro-sized construction businesses:
- Employers with 1 to 49 directly employed staff can receive up to £5000.
- Employers with 50 to 74 directly employed staff can receive up to £7500.
- Employers with 75 to 99 directly employed staff can receive up to £10000.
Medium-sized construction business:
- Employers with between 100 and 149 directly-employed staff can receive up to £15,000.
- Employers with between 150 and 199 directly-employed staff can receive up to £20,000.
- Employers with between 200 and 250 directly-employed staff can receive up to £25,000.
How to apply for the CITB Skills and Training Fund
3B Training can help your organisation with the process of applying for funding. Please contact us to arrange a meeting with one of our Business Development Team.
Alternatively, you can complete the Micro and small application form or Medium Application form and follow the guidance provided by the CITB. To complete the application process you need to firstly download the form. Then fill in all the relevant fields and save the document. Finally, send the form to [email protected].
How can 3B Training support your funding bid?
Part of the application is where the employer will need to forward plan the next 12 months of their company’s training. Our Business Development Team can inform you of the available courses. They will also advise you on grant claimable courses and will compile a competitive quotation based on your training requirements.
This is a free service and our Business Development Team have a wealth of experience with these sorts of applications spanning over the past 4 years.
What happens once I have applied for funding?
Once you have applied for your funding the CITB team will assess your application. They take around 4 weeks to make their decision. If your decision is declined you need to notify as soon as possible to [email protected].
Why has my funding been declined?
CITB may decline your funding request due to:
- You asking for funding on a course that doesn’t relate to construction.
- Your application does contain the required information.
- You have not submitted a Levy Return.
- You are behind on levy payments.
CITB Approved Training Organisation (ATO)
Find out all about what an ATO is and what they can do to help you here.Back to News View Our Courses