Get in touch

ELCAS – Enhanced Learning Credits

We Are Now ELCAS Approved!

Take a look below to find out more about what ELCAS is and how you can use it towards our higher-level learning courses.

What is ELCAS?

ELCASEnhanced Learning Credits help to provide lifelong learning for ex-members of the armed forces or for those looking to leave. Any serving personnel or service leaver who has served a minimum of six years (or four years before 1st April 2017) can join the Enhanced Learning Credit Scheme. You can use your ELC funding towards higher-level learning courses. For example, courses which result in a nationally recognised qualification at Level 3 or above on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).

How much ELCAS can I claim?

It’s important to remember that you can only use your Enhanced Learning Credits with an approved Training Provider. Enhanced Learning Credits will cover 80% of the fees required for the eligible course you choose, up to the maximum of £2,000. This means you will only need to pay the remaining 20% of the course cost. Planning out how to use your credits most efficiently is important. For example, you may want to use your Military skills within your new job role. However, you may want to take this opportunity to have a fresh start by having a complete change in your job role. If you want to discuss different training options we’d be happy to help you.

How does it work?

  1. You then choose the course you want to attend with an ELCAS approved training provider
  2. Submit an ELC Claim Form to the MOD
  3. If ELCAS approves your claim, they will then send you a Claim Authorisation Note, which you can then send to the training provider
  4. The training provider will process your booking
  5. You pay your 20% contribution to the training provider
  6. The training provider invoices MOD for the remaining 80%
  7. You attend the course and gain your qualification

Why use 3B Training?

3B Training is proud to be an ELCAS approved training provider (Centre No: 8362)

You can use your ELC towards any of our Construction NVQs or Health & Safety NVQs providing that they are Level 3 or over. You can also use your ELC towards our NEBOSH General and NEBOSH Construction courses too.

If you’d like to discuss your options or enquire about using Enhanced Learning Credits please contact us.

ELCAS: Frequently Asked Questions

What are Enhanced Learning Credits?

Enhanced Learning Credits help to train ex-armed forces members. Enhanced Learning Credits are available to a current or ex-member of the armed forces who have served a minimum of six years. Delegates can use ELC points to fund higher-level training courses.

Who signs the ELC claim on behalf of a service leaver?

The Single Service Representative needs to complete your form. Their contact information can be found on the ELC website.

How many Enhanced Learning Credits claims can I make?

You can make up to three claims, but only one per financial year.

Which ELCAS tier am I eligible to claim from?

If you have completed at least four years of service before 1st April 2017 or no less than six after 1st April 2013, you can claim from the lower tier of funding. At least eight years of eligible service is required for you to claim from the higher tier.

If I’ve already paid for my course can I still claim ELC? 

Delegates cannot make ELC claims retrospectively.

Is there a deadline to making my ELCAS claim?

Your last claim must be made before 10 years of your last day in service before 1st April 2011. 31st March 2021 is the expiry date of that who left between April 2011 – 31st March 2016. Anyone who left after that will have an expiry date of 5 years since your last day of service.

What is the lower tier or high tier?

Lower tier: claim up to 80% of a Level 3 or above qualifications up to a maximum price of £1000.

Higher tier: claim up to 80% of a Level 3 or above qualifications up to a maximum price of £2000.

How do I know if the course is Level 3 or above?

Enhanced Learning Credits3B Training will be able to advise you on what level the course you require is and if it is eligible to claim for. Take a look at our upcoming dates here.

Claimable courses that we provide:

Find a course

Our accreditations

  • WJA Logo
  • pasma
  • GQA logo
  • CITB Logo
  • ipaf logo
  • Highfield Approved Centre
  • iosh-Logo
  • nebosh-logo
  • UKATA logo
  • C&G logo
  • EUSR Logo
  • ProQual logo
  • NPORS Logo
  • CISRS logo
  • Fit2Fit logo
  • CABWI logo