CISRS Construction Operatives Training Course
The CISRS (COTS) course is designed to ensure that the operatives attending gain the relevant health and safety knowledge to be able to conduct their work on site safely.
Who is it for:
Operatives who work as a driver or labourer on scaffold operations.
On completion of the CISRS (COTS) course the delegate will have a better understanding of:
- Basic scaffolding requirements
- Scaffolding components
- Terminology relating to scaffolding operations
- Taking care of stock on site
The course will cover the following topics:
- An introduction to scaffolding
- Housekeeping on site
- Responsibilities on site
- Quality control
- Noise and vibration
- Servicing equipment, fitting, tubes etc
- Scaffolding tools and equipment
- Accident reporting, prevention and reporting
- Working at heights
- Lifting equipment using rope and wheel
- Fire & electrical safety
- Site transport safety, loading and unloading
- Manual handling
What is Required to Pass the COTS course?
The course is delivered through classroom-based learning by a tutor. The course will feature a range of classroom tutorials, discussions and group activities. The tutor will assess you on your participation throughout the course and with a final multiple-choice examination.
There are no formal entry requirements for the course.
On completion of the CISRS (COTS) course, the delegate will be able to apply for a CISRS Labourer or Trainee Card.
Further qualifications include:
- Basic Scaffolding Inspection
- Advanced Scaffolding Inspection
- Managing Scaffold Operations
- Harness & Leading Edge
- Introduction into Scaffolding Operations
- Safe Use Of Ladder & Step Ladders
- Working at Heights
- Safety Harness Training
Contact Us Today
If you have any further questions, or you would like to book a training course, get in touch with one of the 3B Training Advisors. If you are considering any further training, you can book a course here.
Fall Protection: What PPE is right for me?
Take a look at how to use the Hierarchy of Fall Protection to help choose what level of PPE you should use when working at height here.