NRSWA Operative (New Roads & Street Works Assessments for Operatives )
Overview of NRSWA Operative Course
The New Roads and Street Works Act require that anyone who works for, or on behalf of a utility company, is qualified for the job being carried out. Because of this, one qualified operative must be present on site at all times. The site must also have a qualified supervisor on the site who can oversee the works.
Who is it for:
The NRSWA Operative course is suitable for those who carry out the manual excavation and restoration of footpaths and highways.
On completion of the course, the delegates will be able to outline the need for the New Roads and Street Works Act. They will also be able to choose the correct PPE and safety apparatus required for an activity.
Successful completion of the NRSWA Training course will result in you gaining a City & Guild or CABWI (location dependent) certificate. You will receive a certificate for each unit, as well as a Street Works Card. The card is valid for five years.
The following NRSWA (New Roads & Street Works Assessments) units are covered:
- 001 – Location & avoidance of underground apparatus.
- 002 – Signing, lighting and guarding.
- 003 – Excavation in the highway.
- 004 – Reinstatement & compaction of backfill materials.
- 005 – Reinstatement of sub base & road in non-bituminous materials.
- 006 – Reinstatement of cold-lay bituminous materials.
- 007 – Reinstatement of hot lay bituminous materials (subject to centre).
- 008 – Reinstatement of concrete slabs (subject to centre).
- 009 – Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways.
Please note: not all units are completed at each centre, so please call 3B Training Advisor for details.
NRSWA Training Course Pass Requirements
NRSWA training courses are mainly practical, but the delegate will also have some written work.
Contact Us Today
Do you have any further questions, or if you would like to speak to one of the 3B Training team? If so, don’t hesitate to get in touch or email us via [email protected]. If you are considering any further training, you can also book a course here or find out more about our other courses.
Road Safety Tips
If you are a road worker or pedestrian you need to be careful when it comes to road safety. Take a look at our informative road safety advice here.