NEBOSH Jobs and Career Paths in Health & Safety

If you are looking for a career in health & safety you may want to look at the NEBOSH jobs that are available. The UK highly recognise the qualification, by having a NEBOSH qualification you can open a variety of doors.

Want to know what NEBOSH jobs are available? Take a look below at what is needed for a career in health & safety and what the NEBOSH Certificate can do to help you.

What qualifications are available?

NEBOSH GeneralWhen looking for a career in health & safety you need to think about the kind of role you would like to do. You cannot just choose a qualification. It is common for a health & safety practitioner who is just starting their career to look at attending an IOSH course. Some options available are IOSH Managing or IOSH Working Safely. The NEBOSH General Certificate is seen as a higher qualification than the above. The NGC is a minimal requirement for a full-time health and safety job.

The qualities that are required for a health and safety job

Employers generally look for attributes that completely fit with the specific company and that you understand their values. Because of this, you need to show that you are eager and can cope with a range of different challenges.

What NEBOSH jobs are available?

Health & Safety Advisor

A Health & Safety Advisor’s day-to-day role would usually entail recommending and analysing the company’s health & safety plan and aligning that with current legislation. You will have to make sure that the teams below you are meeting their statutory responsibilities. And that they are following the company’s health and safety policy. Also, you may research how the company works and review company policies. You will have to review, correct and enforce them. Also, you will be required to liaise with the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) regarding any statutory notifications.

NEBOSH requires you to have some form of a recognised qualification. Usually either NEBOSH General Certificate or NEBOSH Diploma. Normally you will need to have some experience in practising health & safety knowledge of H&S best practice and how to offer solutions to problems.

Health & Safety Officer

NEBOSH HSE Incident InvestigationA Health & Safety Officer is a professional who will work closely with the operational side of an organisation. Therefore you will be required to ensure that the company is fully conforming to up to date health and safety legislation. The job role will consist of conducting regular risk assessments, audits and inspections on site. Also, you will need to investigate and report on accidents in the workplace.

You must have experience in Health and Safety Law Regulations, Health and Safety Management and Safe Systems of Work. Therefore you will need to hold the minimum qualification of the NEBOSH General Certificate. As well as having strong communication skills and be able to work proactively, independently and as part of a team.

There may be other titles for the profession, but they all hold a very similar role and all require a NEBOSH qualification:

  • Health & Safety Auditor.
  • Health, Safety & CDM Advisor.
  • Senior Safety Advisor.
  • Health & Safety Coordinator.
  • Health & Safety Executive.
  • Environment, Health & Safety Manager.
  • Health & Safety Manager.

If you are looking to pursue a career in health and safety but need the NEBOSH Certificate; 3B Training provides the NEBOSH General Certificate in our centres nationwide.

To find out more about course dates, price and structure take a look here.

The Benefits of NEBOSH courses

Here are some reasons why the NEBOSH Certificate is a beneficial qualification to have. Read more here.


Back to News View Our Courses

Courses Running Soon


Location: Online Learning

Date: 07 Dec 2020

£495.00 + VAT


Location: Online Learning

Date: 07 Dec 2020

£495.00 + VAT

Only 2 places left!

Join Our Mailing List

    Join Our Mailing List

    By joining our mailing list you will receive updates about our new services.

    Your Name*
    Company Name
    Email Address*

    Our accreditations

    • CITB logo
    • Highfield title
    • iOsh title
    • NeBosh title
    • UK-ATA title
    • Fit2fit title
    • NPORS title
    • CISRS logo
    • Pro-Qual logo
    • Pearson title
    • GQA