New NEBOSH Construction Certificate Syllabus
March 2021 was the launch of the new NEBOSH Construction Certificate syllabus. Take a look at the changes NEBOSH have made to the syllabus below.
Why has the NEBOSH Construction Certificate syllabus changed?
The NEBOSH syllabus has been reviewed and updated to provide learners with the skills, knowledge and understanding which is required in the modern workplace.
NEBOSH made the changes from feedback provided by Learning Partners, employers, learners and subjects experts.
What are the main changes to the NEBOSH Construction Certificate syllabus?
NEBOSH Health & Safety Management for Construction used to be split into three modules. These were NG1, NCC1 and NCC2 (the practical assessment). Whereas now it’s just NC1, which is the complete course.
What is the NEBOSH Open Book Exam?
Open Book Exam is now the only way to assess the NEBOSH Health & Safety Management for Construction. Previously, you had to attend a combination of face to face and practical assessments for your submission.
You access the Open Book Exam online, meaning you can complete it wherever you please. The learner will be provided with specific dates for the exam as part of their course, and they are open for 48 hours.
How do I attend the Open Book Exam?
The learner will need to follow this process to attend the Open Book Exam:
- Registration: we will send the learner a Delegate Information Form which will need completing and returning to us.
- NEBOSH online examination platform: NEBOSH will send the learner their log in details to the platform eight days before the exam. This means they can log in and familiarise themselves with the platform.
- Examination day: learners can access the OBE question paper on the platform at 9 am. They will then have 48 hours to complete and submit their completed exam.
- After the exam, we will arrange a closing interview.
- NEBOSH will then email the results to the learner up to 50 days after the exam.
Take a look at more information on OBE’s here.Back to News View Our Courses