CAT & Genny / Cable Avoidance
Other Training Courses – NRSWA Unit 1 CAT & Genny / Cable Avoidance
The CAT & Genny course is designed to give operatives and supervisors greater knowledge of how to safely conduct cable avoidance operations.
Who is it for:
Supervisors, Operators who conduct cable avoidance.
By the end of the course the delegate will:
- Safely use of cable location equipment
- Identify and read Gas/Electricity/Water/Telecom service plans
- Identify damaged and undamaged underground services
- Have an understanding of utility services (guidelines)
- Locate services using the CAT & Genny
- Complete plans showing the services you have detected
- Gain knowledge of the relevant PPE required
What is Required to Pass the CAT & Genny Course?
The course is split up into a practical and theory session. The theory element is delivered in classroom in which the tutor will cover a range of PowerPoints, case studies and assignments. Delegates will also have to demonstrate their ability to locate underground services in the practical element of the course. At the end of the course delegates are required to complete a written paper to show their knowledge and understanding of what they have learned.
Contact Us Today
The course is available as an open course date or as an in-house course in our venues nationwide. To book a CAT & Genny course as an in-house course contact us here or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.