CAT and Genny / Cable Avoidance
Other Training Courses – NRSWA Unit 1 CAT and Genny / Cable Avoidance
The CAT and Genny course is designed to give operatives and supervisors greater knowledge of how to safely conduct cable avoidance operations.
Who is it for:
Supervisors, Operators who conduct cable avoidance.
By the end of the course the delegate will:
- Safe use of cable detector/pipe detector
- Identify and read Gas/Electricity/Water/Telecom service plans
- Identify damaged and undamaged underground services using a ground penetrating radar
- Have an understanding of utility services (guidelines)
- Locate services using the CAT & Genny
- Complete plans showing the services you have detected
- Gain knowledge of the relevant PPE required
What is Required to Pass the CAT and Genny Course?
The course is split up into a practical and theory session. The theory element is delivered in a classroom in which the tutor will cover a range of PowerPoints, case studies and assignments. Delegates will also have to demonstrate their ability to locate underground services in the practical element of the course. At the end of the course, delegates are required to complete a written paper to show their knowledge and understanding of what they have learned.
Delegates must bring- Personal Protective Equipment (as required by your company’s safety policy). As a minimum Safety Footwear, High Visibility Jacket, Safety Helmet (Waterproofs are suggested).
Contact Us Today
The course is available as an open course date or as an in-house course in our venues nationwide. To book a CAT & Genny course as an in-house course contact us here or email us on email@example.com.